Governors Pardon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What sucks about credit score is that if your 100% disabled like my son, and on SS Disability, you cannot have a savings account to save for anything. Car, house, whatever. If you open an account and put money into it, the feds will reduce your SS payments. Any savings have to be put in a sock and put under the bed.
When you finally want Independence from renting, and want to buy your own home, you have a low credit score as you had to pay cash for everything. You have no down payment you can show because the feds won't allow saving under SS disability.
Your interest rate is determined in some part by your credit score. The whole credit score scam is a mess.

CBarCRanch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=asking for a friend
Had a friend that applied for a governors pardon after a felony conviction for righting a hot check. He went through all the proper channels pass the parole board and went to governors office they turn it down because his credit score is to low. I find this so stupid. Is it just me or do any of you find this to be wrong. I don't know why a man after a felony conviction as long as it wasn't a violate crime and finish all his punishment way he cant have a hunting gun. From what he told me its not a federal law but a state law.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What sucks about credit score is that if your 100% disabled like my son, and on SS Disability, you cannot have a savings account to save for anything. Car, house, whatever. If you open an account and put money into it, the feds will reduce your SS payments. Any savings have to be put in a sock and put under the bed.
When you finally want Independence from renting, and want to buy your own home, you have a low credit score as you had to pay cash for everything. You have no down payment you can show because the feds won't allow saving under SS disability.
Your interest rate is determined in some part by your credit score. The whole credit score scam is a mess.

Yeah SSI sucks that way, SSDI is different though, if he is on SSDI and they are telling him this then he may need to get an attorney that specializes in SSDI.

CBarCRanch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Had a friend that applied for a governors pardon after a felony conviction for righting a hot check. He went through all the proper channels pass the parole board and went to governors office they turn it down because his credit score is to low. I find this so stupid. Is it just me or do any of you find this to be wrong. I don't know why a man after a felony conviction as long as it wasn't a violate crime and finish all his punishment way he cant have a hunting gun. From what he told me its not a federal law but a state law.
I have a friend that is an attorney. He said that other money judgements, small claims etc. was most likely noted in the case. Do you know if that would be the case?

Latest posts

Top Bottom