Grady County Residents

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just don't get what people have against Constitutional Carry.

There are two big arguments I’ve read and heard on the TV.

1. “I don’t want untrained people carrying guns”. When I went through the class, there was no training. The instructor read the SDA manual word for word. The test was on firearms safety, not the contents of the book and the test was reviewed before it was given. Any “what if” questions got the reply “you need to speak with an attorney”. The actual firing portion of the class was fifty rounds from three and seven yards on a full size silhouette target. No minimum score required.

2. “I don’t want people carrying guns without a background check”. As we all know, NICs fulfills federal requirements for possession/owning firearms.

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are two big arguments I’ve read and heard on the TV.

1. “I don’t want untrained people carrying guns”. When I went through the class, there was no training. The instructor read the SDA manual word for word. The test was on firearms safety, not the contents of the book and the test was reviewed before it was given. Any “what if” questions got the reply “you need to speak with an attorney”. The actual firing portion of the class was fifty rounds from three and seven yards on a full size silhouette target. No minimum score required.

2. “I don’t want people carrying guns without a background check”. As we all know, NICs fulfills federal requirements for possession/owning firearms.

I've heard those arguments before as well.

"I don't want untrained people carrying guns" - what about gang bangers and other criminals? People aren't concerned about them carrying guns illegally.

"I don't want people carrying guns without a background check" - They don't want Bobby Sue to carry to protect herself and her family. She's not a felon and doesn't need a background check because she's never committed a crime and is a US citizen.

Most law abiding citizens won't carry a gun without some kind of training. Most.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I get what your saying, it is no doubt a pretty weak argument. I own many guns, of which I have only filled out form 4473 twice in my life and I no longer own those 2 guns.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I get what your saying, it is no doubt a pretty weak argument. I own many guns, of which I have only filled out form 4473 twice in my life and I no longer own those 2 guns.

Same way with lots of gun owners, but that’s the argument they’re trying to fight it with.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Then you probably won't be able to carry.
Each time they talk about this law they are trying to pass, they state you must pass a background check first.
Don't know how they are going to work that exactly though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom