Grandaddy's Gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're not bartering now I sure wouldn't count on bartering the military calibers in the shtf collapse for life sustaining goods. A lot of people are going to be in for a rude awakening.

Okieprepper

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty...
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've read over all of your opinions and you've helped me come to the decision to keep the 25.06 as is for now and buy a 308 in something of simular quality. A Smith told me that I would likely have some feed issues converting a long action Remington to 308. I guess that leaves me with no remorse on changes to granddaddys gun and that's always a good place to be. Thanks to all for your help!! :yelclap:

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Better yet, I’ll help you out and give ya $600 for it and then you can be rid of that pesky oddball caliber gun and have some cash towards another boring 308.

Meanwhile I’ll buy 5-6 boxes of 25-06 over my lifetime and pass it down to my future grandkids

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I've read over all of your opinions and you've helped me come to the decision to keep the 25.06 as is for now and buy a 308 in something of simular quality. A Smith told me that I would likely have some feed issues converting a long action Remington to 308. I guess that leaves me with no remorse on changes to granddaddys gun and that's always a good place to be. Thanks to all for your help!! :yelclap:
Yay! Like @streak said, I'd prolly take it off your hands at some point. Lol

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I find as I get older that having any kind of sentiment for anyone or anything is disappearing with the younger generations.

Cherishing things no matter how little the value that were passed on to me by my grandparents was taught to me by my mother. I still have those things today and my last grandparent passed in the seventies.

I have 4 kids and tried to teach them the value of passing things from one generation to the next. Of the 4, my oldest son has given me hope that he will take possession of the things that he knows were passed on to me by my elders.

I have no doubt that the other three would back a truck up to the door, load anything of value and drive straight to the pawn shop.

Okieprepper

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty...
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're not bartering now I sure wouldn't count on bartering the military calibers in the shtf collapse for life sustaining goods. A lot of people are going to be in for a rude awakening.
You should start a new thread on that topic and elaborate your thoughts a little more in depth.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find as I get older that having any kind of sentiment for anyone or anything is disappearing with the younger generations.

Cherishing things no matter how little the value that were passed on to me by my grandparents was taught to me by my mother. I still have those things today and my last grandparent passed in the seventies.

I have 4 kids and tried to teach them the value of passing things from one generation to the next. Of the 4, my oldest son has given me hope that he will take possession of the things that he knows were passed on to me by my elders.

I have no doubt that the other three would back a truck up to the door, load anything of value and drive straight to the pawn shop.

Sad, but unfortunately very true.

Watched local and national news this morning for the first time in about 3 years. I don’t know exactly where we lost it, but the world I grew up in no longer exists.

We’re following the whims of children. The world is full of people that are all bluster and no blow. Insanity is now the norm. Courts are corrupt. Police are corrupt. Politicians are corrupted beyond repair.

It’s time for another flood. We messed up. Maybe He can fix it. Hope is lost for humanity as it currently exists.

Back on topic, if the OP wants to sell the BDL with the rosewood tip, I’m a buyer.