Granddaughter picks up 5G/Yr for college

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's Great!! We toured U of Wyo last June on our whirlwind college tour. I really liked the campus and Laramie alot. My son wasn't as thrilled with it as i was. Small but very pretty campus. War Memorial Stadium was pretty cold too. I bet it would be a great place to attend College.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats!! My son is excelling at competitive cheer, so it is great to hear that it could help out with college expenses a little if he chooses to go down that path.

Any scholarships a person can get will pay dividends to reducing their debt when they graduate. The best head start I had as a young adult was maintaining my scholarship through college so I walked away with a degree and 0 debt after 4 years.

My wife and I are also prepping both kids that if no scholarships are available, it is worth giving at least 4 years of service to a military branch rather than taking on all of that debt for a college degree. That is how she paid for her college and she got even more valuable knowledge from her time in the military than she did from the degree itself.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats!! My son is excelling at competitive cheer, so it is great to hear that it could help out with college expenses a little if he chooses to go down that path.

Any scholarships a person can get will pay dividends to reducing their debt when they graduate. The best head start I had as a young adult was maintaining my scholarship through college so I walked away with a degree and 0 debt after 4 years.

My wife and I are also prepping both kids that if no scholarships are available, it is worth giving at least 4 years of service to a military branch rather than taking on all of that debt for a college degree. That is how she paid for her college and she got even more valuable knowledge from her time in the military than she did from the degree itself.
Agree with everything you said!

Latest posts

Top Bottom