Grandma, I and internet.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So back in April we lost our isp, it was att thru a modem with sim card purchased off of flea bay and it ran great for about 2 years. But the outfit went de funked and we lost internet. So we've been limping somewhat although I have wifi at work so it didn't phase me too badly. Only my lovely wife did not. Tried a att hotspot and failed. So today she dragged me to town and into a T mobile . I don't like going to town and could write a page or 2 on that experience lol. I saw a pink hair, a green hair a head full of colored dreadlocks and the 21 yo that waited on us was full blown gothic. She did have an old black lab service dog complete with flag and service id that was gifted to her which was cool. I gather intel or I'm gabby nosey or something . The big macs sucked, patties were near paper thin, fries sucked, coke was good though. ANYway the T mobile giz mo seems to work fine so it was a trip that made grandma happy. That happy wife thing lol. $50 auto pay, 55 otherwise for internet. On the way into town I looked for senior and or vet discounts . They have vet discounts and I'll have to see if I can't fanagle them as the way we did it, it didn't apply. Anyways it runs and runs decently for a rural connection at 20 down and a impressive 14 up which surprised me. 15 day test drive before billing starts.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So back in April we lost our isp, it was att thru a modem with sim card purchased off of flea bay and it ran great for about 2 years. But the outfit went de funked and we lost internet. So we've been limping somewhat although I have wifi at work so it didn't phase me too badly. Only my lovely wife did not. Tried a att hotspot and failed. So today she dragged me to town and into a T mobile . I don't like going to town and could write a page or 2 on that experience lol. I saw a pink hair, a green hair a head full of colored dreadlocks and the 21 yo that waited on us was full blown gothic. She did have an old black lab service dog complete with flag and service id that was gifted to her which was cool. I gather intel or I'm gabby nosey or something . The big macs sucked, patties were near paper thin, fries sucked, coke was good though. ANYway the T mobile giz mo seems to work fine so it was a trip that made grandma happy. That happy wife thing lol. $50 auto pay, 55 otherwise for internet. On the way into town I looked for senior and or vet discounts . They have vet discounts and I'll have to see if I can't fanagle them as the way we did it, it didn't apply. Anyways it runs and runs decently for a rural connection at 20 down and a impressive 14 up which surprised me. 15 day test drive before billing starts.
T mobile home internet is the way to go if traditional internet is not available. I used the ATT reseller that you had but parted from them the month before they went under. I use a custom modem/router setup that allows me to use a postpaid sim card. I have an ATT tablet line that is $24 a month that I'm about to cancel and a higher priority Firstnet(ATT network) hotspot sim for $50ish that is truly unlimited. I live in a hole, so I get 10 Mbps down, 3 up in the summer, and 30-40 mbps/9 up when the foliage is gone. I'm going to test a Tmobile sim soon to see if I get service.

You can take the T mobile gizmo, run an external antenna and get much better speeds, like 50 or more Mbps. LMR400 or LMR200(depending on the length of run) cables and the antenna are expensive but worth it. 4x4 MIMO Antenna 600-3800MHz Cellular 8dBi Directional (± 45°) N Female Connectors

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was that at the Shawnee store? Paid my bill and the youngen with the dog did the transaction. Usually are some "unusual" individuals working the counter but always friendly and helpful.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Guess every generation has the "weird " looking folks running around.
I remember laughing about the punk rockers and the getups they wore and the wild hair...... Even the "normal" folks do some silly crap... Remember the faux hawk that all the "in" crowd wore in the 90's.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love the goth look and I have found most gothic people are pretty smart.
Probably spent a lot of time in their room by their self as a young person.

I swore off Mc Donalds I get the craps from them and the sandwiches are very small.
I do not remember them being so small 30 years ago.

Braums #1 meal if what I usually get you can substitute a drink for a shake.
I like to get a Banana shake.
:)

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
T mobile home internet is the way to go if traditional internet is not available. I used the ATT reseller that you had but parted from them the month before they went under. I use a custom modem/router setup that allows me to use a postpaid sim card. I have an ATT tablet line that is $24 a month that I'm about to cancel and a higher priority Firstnet(ATT network) hotspot sim for $50ish that is truly unlimited. I live in a hole, so I get 10 Mbps down, 3 up in the summer, and 30-40 mbps/9 up when the foliage is gone. I'm going to test a Tmobile sim soon to see if I get service.

You can take the T mobile gizmo, run an external antenna and get much better speeds, like 50 or more Mbps. LMR400 or LMR200(depending on the length of run) cables and the antenna are expensive but worth it. 4x4 MIMO Antenna 600-3800MHz Cellular 8dBi Directional (± 45°) N Female Connectors
My in-laws have quit ATT and gone to T mobile for everything, and they love it. I‘m still using Viasat through ATT, and it’s ok but not great.

I have a cellular iPad and just use a Weeboost at my house in OK.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So do they use a2 milk in the shakes? :anyone:
Their ice cream and all their milk products are A2
The milk shake is made from ice cream and condensed fat free milk and the flavoring .

Try some and see if your system likes it.
I have no issues with it.
I was just looking at the calcium level of the whole milk compared to some 1% boxed non refrigerated milk a friend gave me.
Braums = 25% DV vs 10% DV of calcium for the box milk.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Their ice cream and all their milk products are A2
The milk shake is made from ice cream and condensed fat free milk and the flavoring .

Try some and see if your system likes it.
I have no issues with it.
I was just looking at the calcium level of the whole milk compared to some 1% boxed non refrigerated milk a friend gave me.
Braums = 25% DV vs 10% DV of calcium for the box milk.
I love Whataburger shakes, but if I drink one, I can crap through a keyhole and not hit the lock. :blush:

Latest posts

Top Bottom