Grandma, I and internet.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We switched to T-Mobile several months back. Been very satisfied.

AT&T sux.

We put the T-Mobile in the RV and when we set up at the lake, wherever; plug it in and we're set.

Cheaper than what we had, with better service. Win-Win

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been on T-Mobile for over a year and really dig it. I cancelled Cox Cable for it. I have to reboot the internet modem about once a week but that's easy and painless, just push the switch on the back, wait 15 seconds, and push it again to turn it back on.

The app for your phone is pretty helpful but their signal strength thingy isn't. I consistently get 150mb down with a weak signal. It does vary with network congestion but I've consistently ran as may a three 4K TV streams on it with no issues. I've also got over 400mb down at times. I can move it to the other end of the house and get a "Good" signal but it's also slower at 25-65mb down. That tower is running on older and slower 5G and LTE bands but has better signal strength. So take that little signal graph on you modem with a grain of salt.

You can learn a lot my going to youtube and looking up Nater Tater's videos. He'll send you to cellmapper.net and explain what to look for and how to pick the best spot for your modem. Cellmapper will show you where all the cell towers are and all the detail as to whose tower it is and what bands the are working on.

T-Mobile internet is the best thing since sliced bread as long as you have a tower in reach. No data caps at all for $50 bucks.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I love the goth look and I have found most gothic people are pretty smart.
Probably spent a lot of time in their room by their self as a young person.

I swore off Mc Donalds I get the craps from them and the sandwiches are very small.
I do not remember them being so small 30 years ago.

Braums #1 meal if what I usually get you can substitute a drink for a shake.
I like to get a Banana shake.
:)
I seen that black lipstick in your garage you were trying to play of as axle grease...... :cool:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So back in April we lost our isp, it was att thru a modem with sim card purchased off of flea bay and it ran great for about 2 years. But the outfit went de funked and we lost internet. So we've been limping somewhat although I have wifi at work so it didn't phase me too badly. Only my lovely wife did not. Tried a att hotspot and failed. So today she dragged me to town and into a T mobile . I don't like going to town and could write a page or 2 on that experience lol. I saw a pink hair, a green hair a head full of colored dreadlocks and the 21 yo that waited on us was full blown gothic. She did have an old black lab service dog complete with flag and service id that was gifted to her which was cool. I gather intel or I'm gabby nosey or something . The big macs sucked, patties were near paper thin, fries sucked, coke was good though. ANYway the T mobile giz mo seems to work fine so it was a trip that made grandma happy. That happy wife thing lol. $50 auto pay, 55 otherwise for internet. On the way into town I looked for senior and or vet discounts . They have vet discounts and I'll have to see if I can't fanagle them as the way we did it, it didn't apply. Anyways it runs and runs decently for a rural connection at 20 down and a impressive 14 up which surprised me. 15 day test drive before billing starts.
You're lucky to get that high speed.
We are fortunate to get 12 MBS down and 1.2 upload.
We have a local internet here in the sticks with a dish that has to shoot several miles away. They had to order a special dish for us.
Our phones are AT&T.
As we move around the country, all the other carriers fade for our RV friends that meet up with us in different locations.
AT&T is the only consistent carrier that offers service. If you live in or close to metro areas, it really doesn't matter what you use, but moving around the country, there is no comparison.
Our RV friends using Tmobile and the others are always coming over to our place to use the booster or our wifi hotspot that is also AT&T.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have any close neighbors? Is T Mobile capable of a repeating or mesh system?

I see the antenna is directional. Does it point at a tower or at a satellite?

Latest posts

Top Bottom