Great day to do some gun cleaning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My guns are always clean but days like these, when you know it will be a bit before you git out, I like to tinker with or clean my guns. Decided to start with hand guns first. Got these out and will take them completely down, clean and oil for storage till it warms. Handguns first and these will keep me busy for a while and I'll finish up a the last few then. After that, long guns.
I remember the days when you could take out half a dozen hand guns and 4 long guns and shoot all day with my buddies. With health and the panic crap, just can't do that now. I'm a re-loader but I'm reserving my powders, primers and lead too. What would have been a good supply of everything is now a don't waste it mentality. Now I'll pick a cal like 45 and shoot two of my 45's limiting how many mags I'll run through and no mag dumps. I'll pick one long gun either a bolt or lever and limit that to a box of 20. Before the election I could still take out my 39a marlin, my ruger breakdown and my ruger 22/45 and shoot a bunch but even that now I start watching what I'm expending even with a large supply. It's the sign of the times but I've let a couple of the big box stores know that many of us old faithful customers won't forget the price gouging.
Off the soap box and back to the fun. I'll do a few of these a day because I'm cleaning and inspecting everything on each gun under my magnifier. It takes a long time but I don't know it because time flies when I do this.
Here's what I have to start with: Top left Glock 19 Gen 4 with vortex venom rmr (this was one of the first gen 4's produced and I had the slide milled out to fit the vortex because Glock had not started putting out slides with rmr cuts. Left bottom is Ruger 22/45 target with the bull barrel. Put the burris rmr on it. Notice the rmr cover that is see through for weather. Middle top, Kimber desert warrior 45. Middle center is the FN FNX 45 tactical with a holosum green dot rmr shake to wake, with double stack mags. Center left is the Rock Island FS 10mm 1911. Center right Springfield range officer operator. Center bottom CZ shadow 2. Upper right Sig P365. Upper right Heritage cowboy six 357. Right S&W featherlight 38 sp/+p/357 with laser grip. Right bottom CZ P07 threaded for suppressor.
All these guns shoot outstanding and I love them but will have to down size someday soon. But life is life and there always comes a time.
Hand gun cleaning day correct pose.JPG

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I shared you guys enthusiasm for cleaning my guns!
You can buy cleaning materials everywhere. Enthusiasm not so much. It helps if your mom tended to drop you on your head a lot as a baby, like mine. You learn to be very enthusiastic about little things, like when she put you down for a nap. I think today that call it head injury protocol but what do I know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom