Great Food, And an Amazing Selection of Outstanding Gravies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They need to change the name to sauce vs gravy, otherwise my wife won't eat there. I can make a scratch gravy to die for but she won't eat it.
Italians call their sauces gravy. Spaghetti sauce is a red gravy. So by that logic, all gravies are sauces and some sauces are gravies. Would that work or would you have to give up going out for pasta too?

My daughter is like that with cheese. She LOVES queso (makes my brain hurt every time) and American "cheese", but anything else will have her scrapping the entire meal. I tried to explain the insanity of her "logic" to her when she was 4 or 5 and she even stopped eating those for a while because she doesnt like cheese. <facepalm>

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Italians call their sauces gravy. Spaghetti sauce is a red gravy. So by that logic, all gravies are sauces and some sauces are gravies. Would that work or would you have to give up going out for pasta too?

My daughter is like that with cheese. She LOVES queso (makes my brain hurt every time) and American "cheese", but anything else will have her scrapping the entire meal. I tried to explain the insanity of her "logic" to her when she was 4 or 5 and she even stopped eating those for a while because she doesnt like cheese. <facepalm>
lol! I hated cheese when a kid too but quickly got over that. 😂
Good to learn some culinary trivia on Italian foods.
It’s all semantics with gravy vs sauce for my wife.
Gravy is associated with fat content in her mind vs a sauce that’s not which is not always correct.
She won’t eat a steak wrapped in white butcher paper either. Cellophane wrapped is fine.
Comes from her youth when her dad forced her to kill her pet lamb and help butcher/wrap it when 4 years old. He was a rough old codger.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
lol! I hated cheese when a kid too but quickly got over that. 😂
Good to learn some culinary trivia on Italian foods.
It’s all semantics with gravy vs sauce for my wife.
Gravy is associated with fat content in her mind vs a sauce that’s not which is not always correct.
She won’t eat a steak wrapped in white butcher paper either. Cellophane wrapped is fine.
Comes from her youth when her dad forced her to kill her pet lamb and help butcher/wrap it when 4 years old. He was a rough old codger.
Yeah, I get it. Some of those experiences never go away. She is now 8 and we are slowly making progress on getting her to try a bite of new stuff and practice communicating what she doesnt like about it. I thoroughly enjoy cooking, so if she can communicate if its texture, bitterness, creaminess, whatever that she doesnt like, I can bend it a little when I make it the next time.

Fingers crossed we dont raise an adult that is food picky, but only time will tell.

Latest posts

Top Bottom