Great place for a steak

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tired it a few times.

I won't go back. Del Rencho has a better chicken fry, and the gravy always tastes of flour.

It's really big. That's about all I could recommend it for.
I’m not a fan of kendalls either, veggies tasted like they were out of a can, gravy tasted out of a bag. It was a lot of food.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I liked Texas roadhouse for awhile but that garlic sauce gets old fast, I have heard Longhorn steak houses have great steaks?
I'm sure every restaurant in that chain is different depending on the experience of the staff, but the Longhorn steak house in Wichita has a prime rib that people from Oklahoma and all over Kansas travel too. Only on Friday nights I think.
Most of the time I think prime rib tastes like a roast, but whatever they do there, it's my go-to.
Tx roadhouse in Stillwater is horrible when cooking a steak. Those college kids they hire just don't have the experience to cook a steak.
I do the pick out your own steak thing, selecting a rare cook. It ALWAYS comes out medium well.
My wife likes to eat there so I'll order the meat loaf or something. The Texas Roadhouses everywhere else seem to be better. They only cook a requested rare to medium.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I liked Texas roadhouse for awhile but that garlic sauce gets old fast, I have heard Longhorn steak houses have great steaks?
When Texas Roadhouse opened at Tulsa Hills, they sent out a lot of coupons for free appetizers. I love blooming onions, so I ordered them with my coupons, Unlike Out Back Steak House, there blooming onions were literally floating in grease, After trying these 5 or 6 times, I don't even like blooming onions anymore! Great Steaks, service, etc. but don't order the blooming onion!

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of my family will be in OKC Tuesday oct 26, and I am asking on their behalf.

What is the best steak place there?

Pretty sure they will be staying in the area by the airport.

They might be out to the Norman / Moore area also!

Thank you!

Well they ate at swadleys bbq on Tuesday due to some other family wanting to eat there, and they was like meh, had better!

And Mackies steakhouse on Wednesday!

Pretty much meh is the just of it!

They was home by Thursday last week.
Thanks to you all!

Ps, we have road house, longhorn, and stuff like that up here! 🙂

HonkyCat

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
When Texas Roadhouse opened at Tulsa Hills, they sent out a lot of coupons for free appetizers. I love blooming onions, so I ordered them with my coupons, Unlike Out Back Steak House, there blooming onions were literally floating in grease, After trying these 5 or 6 times, I don't even like blooming onions anymore! Great Steaks, service, etc. but don't order the blooming onion!
You are supposed to sponge it up with your hot buttered rolls!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom