Great place for a steak

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Cattleman’s is good if you wave a crappy breakfast steak and eggs with some mediocre restaurant coffee. I feel it really fills a good spot doing that. But don’t go expecting a good steak.

@ OP I dunno what kinda budget you’re on. If you want a really nice steak, more on the fine dining side, go to red prime steakhouse. If you want something pretty good, but affordable in a more family setting, go to hollies flat iron grill in Moore.
I've never had a bad steak at Cattlemans, ever. Had some $h**y sides, but never a bad steak. I went to Hollies once and I was thoroughly not impressed, but it's a chain so...
I looked at that Red Prime; I may try it.

Mickey Mantles is good if you can get in there...you have to plan it out. Otherwise we don't go for steak much anywhere, maybe head to Plano and hit Steve Fields when they reopen.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never had a bad steak at Cattleman's. But then I always get the filet, so let me say I have never had a bad filet at Cattleman's

Across the street is McClintock's. Have no desire to ever return there. Bad food and bad (horrible) service.

Have eaten at The Ranch up off of Britton Road near Lake Hefner. Great food, Great desserts, Service iffy at times. Higher prices.

Been to Mahogany, Mickey Mantle's and Red Prime.
I'll stick to Cattleman's and The Ranch.

BillPenn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure some on here will know great steak places in OKC, but in the Norman area, the best steak I've had is at Red Rock Canyon Grill on I-35. I'll venture to say it's the best steak I've had, but I also don't visit the really high end steak houses because I like to be able to pay my bills. :-)
I'll second Red Rock on I-35 and Charleston's for good steaks without breaking the bank. The most expensive and uppity is the Ranch Steakhose in Norman. Their food is great, but you may need a second mortgage to pay for it.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Red Prime is very good and so is the downtown Mahogany. Both places are very good, but pricey. The service at both is impeccable. I don't recommend The Ranch steakhouse. The one in the city is better than the one in Norman, but both are subpar on the food and service IMO.

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best steaks Ihave had in the Oklahoma City area are Ranch Steakhous, Mickey Mantles, and Cattlemens. As far as good fillets go. If I am wanting a good steak I am not going to a big chain restaurant for it, not saying that you can’t get decent steaks at chain restaurants but it sounds like you are looking for knock their socks off good. I listed in order from top to bottom, I have never had a bad steak at cattlemens I like others have posted have had lackluster sides though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom