Great place for a steak

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Grasshopper, you need to expand your horizons!
A great product is the seasoned shotshell's available to those with discerning palates.
Highly targeted to the hunter that is serious about their food after the hunt.
No need to season your wild game, this product does it for you and kills it at the same time! How awesome is that?

https://www.themeateater.com/hunt/waterfowl/best-hunting-gimmicks-ever-seasoned-shotgun-shells
I’m thiking arrows, season shot, and fire equals a triumvirate of win For insane ideas in bird hunting.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt most would travel to Lamont Ok in the North Central part of the state, but if your in for a road trip for what could be the best steak you've ever had, Katts in Lamont Ok is a destination. Only open Thursday through Saturday, with reservations a must.
Pulling up the outside, it looks in need of some work, but inside its a different story. It's small but cozy, mostly families but some dates.
I think the most important part of cooking a steak is the proper sear.
Cutting into the steak, there is zero grey meat around the outside yet the sear is incredible. Has to be a very intense heat to get that good of a sear without leaving the grey meat.
We have been there four times now, getting a perfectly cooked steak each time.
The Chef at night is the owner of the Bank next door. Closes one business and opens the other.
Every steak we have had has been top notch when compared to every steakhouse mentioned in this thread, which we have dined at all of them over the years.
They have a FB page. I don't do FB but there is a yelp link.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/kats-steakhouse-lamont

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The best steak I've had out is at Bourbon Street Cafe in Bricktown. Nice vibe both indoors and outdoors as well. Second best would be The Ranch.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will vote for Bull in the Alley in Tulsa for a really fun date night. The atmosphere is completely old speakeasy vibe down to the non-descript door in an alleyway.

I order steak rare and my wife prefers medium rare to medium, so I seldom get a truly rare steak. Getting a Pittsburgh sear at Bull in the Alley is by far the first steak I think of when trying to recall one that was worth the price.

Mahogany is pretty decent. I havent had The Ranch yet even though it is only 5min from the house. I typically prefer to just cook our steaks at home on a smoking hot slab of cast iron.

VarmintHunter59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Warehouse Willie's is good. I eat there on special occasions. Pete's or Roseanne's in Krebs are excellent as well. Great steaks all three. Jamil's in Tulsa. I'm trying to remember just where it's at. Off I-44 and Harvard.

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you go to Mahogany and would like to save a few (lot) of dollars try their Chef's Favorites portion of the menu. Smaller portions, less dollars = more dollars on wine :) Do yourself a favor and try a Syrah/Grenache wine, my favorite, which is full flavored, earthy, peppery (esp Rhone Valley - St. Cosme or Vieux Telegraph) or Spanish Red or Worldly Red (Bouza) instead of Cabernet Sauvignon.

p.s. ask for Lee. He did a great job taking care of us last month.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess this proves one point, everyone has their own opinion as to the best steak! That is great, that means everyone is thinking independently at lest about good stales! Too bad a many of these same people don't use their own heads about politics, instead of following the lap dog news media blindly!

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will vote for Bull in the Alley in Tulsa for a really fun date night. The atmosphere is completely old speakeasy vibe down to the non-descript door in an alleyway.

I order steak rare and my wife prefers medium rare to medium, so I seldom get a truly rare steak. Getting a Pittsburgh sear at Bull in the Alley is by far the first steak I think of when trying to recall one that was worth the price.

Mahogany is pretty decent. I havent had The Ranch yet even though it is only 5min from the house. I typically prefer to just cook our steaks at home on a smoking hot slab of cast iron.
bull in the alley is good, have you tried spudder or bluestone ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom