Great youth weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got to volunteer with a new 501c3 charity this weekend, had 6 kids out for youth weekend, they ended up with 9-10 deer down total. These are all kids that are survivors/current patients of cancers, brain tumors, etc.

I have volunteered to try to procure equipment/donations, and was wondering if anyone has ever done this kind of thing? If so, have you had better luck on local level or by contacting manufacturers direct (like Vortex, Ruger, etc)? We're looking to have guns (or backup guns) available for the kids to use when they don't have their own, or we have issues with one they might bring.

Hope everyone else is having a great hunting season so far, especially the youth hunters! Here's a link to our FB page if anyone would like to see pics or follow along, feel free to join, and I can help add you if needed. Log into Facebook

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't do facebook but more info would be nice it sounds like a good cause lost my mom very young to cancer so just interested may have something to help or offer .
They plan to have a website soon, but its not ready yet. The organization is called Unlimited Outdoor Adventures. The goal is to help get kids with disabilities, illnesses, etc out in the outdoors, whether its hunting, fishing, or whatever. This event was the first one for us, and went well I thought for a 6 month old group!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My suggestion would be for the group to raise your own money locally and then attempt to get discounts on what you need from places like Bass Pro/Cabelas, local sporting goods stores, as well as Academy and WalMart.

Personally, I think you’re going to get a more positive response from retailers asking for discounts instead of freebies. :anyone:

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few pics from FB, the screenshot one says it all to me!
FB_IMG_1634525748113.jpg
FB_IMG_1634525759632.jpg
FB_IMG_1634525768417.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom