Great youth weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
clintbailey, post back here when they have a website as I don't do FB either but would like to help. Ideas on what you might need would help too - rifle(single shot, bolt), caliber, clothes, boots, etc....

On bowsite, there's a guy who will purchase a complete bow setup and request folks submit names of youths/teens who are interested in archery but don't have the means to get started. Once he selects a worthy recipient, then the donations start coming in from all of the members. Arrows, release, camo clothes, boots, GPS, rangefinder, etc....

I'd bet there are quite a few rifles sitting in member safes that likely won't be shot and could be donated. Maybe a rifle and someone else has a scope. Just something for us to consider as we're likely much better off than a lot of folks and giving back feels SOOOO good!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
@OKRuss, our group looked into something similar a while back. Most corporations have grant money set aside for causes like this. We contacted Academy and you have to get with and apply for the application. It takes a little time and if I remember it was about three months to process. Here is a link to Bass Pro. I’m sure there are others that are easy to find but this was my first search.
https://about.basspro.com/community/support/

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a Volunteer for the Oklahoma Youth Hunting Program. We are a 501c3. It seems that most of the big national sporting goods chains aren't as open to donating to smaller local non profits. Now, that doesn't mean the local store won't let you set up in the store to raise funds or to spread awareness.

Vortex is likely to help support you. Before Miles was gone from H&H, he partnered with CVA and Vortex to allow the use of a dozen CVA rifles wearing Vortex Optics. They had to be returned after the season and were held by H&H until the following year.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a Volunteer for the Oklahoma Youth Hunting Program. We are a 501c3. It seems that most of the big national sporting goods chains aren't as open to donating to smaller local non profits. Now, that doesn't mean the local store won't let you set up in the store to raise funds or to spread awareness.

Vortex is likely to help support you. Before Miles was gone from H&H, he partnered with CVA and Vortex to allow the use of a dozen CVA rifles wearing Vortex Optics. They had to be returned after the season and were held by H&H until the following year.
I actually contacted the OYHP to volunteer there right after I got involved with the local hunt, before realizing that they both happened the same time! I am still looking into local shops/companies more than the big chains, mainly since I'm so far from the big guys. I actually did get in touch with Vortex, and it looks like they're going to help us some; I was glad to see I made the right choices in most of my recent optics purchases. We have a long ways to go to getting our name established, but we'll get there! Thanks for all the advice, tips and help all!

Latest posts

Top Bottom