Greedy , maybe.. 505 scales

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 505 isn't shown on the RCBS website any more, so it sure sounds plausible that they've discontinued it.

I used an RCBS 502 for 20+ years, but since that one is a 2 poise design the markings are really close together and it's easy to accidentally set the counterweight 5 grains off. The 505 is a three poise system and the counterweight positions are much more widely spread. My 40-something year old eyes just can't make out the divisions on the 502 any more, so I picked up a 505 simply as a self-preservation measure. I figure I'm much less likely to end up with an over/under charge that way.

$50 is a smokin' deal, hopefully PSA doesn't try to make it up on the shipping charge.

9 bucks or so was the freight for me

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This? (see attachment)

Looks OK, but I'm not replacing my perfectly good 505 with it. Every once in awhile I get the urge for a digital, but just can't bring myself to buy one. My 505 has never let me down so why bother?
Yes.
My primary is a digital pact scale. The 505 is my backup/for confidence scale

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I have the 505 and the Hornady digital scales. They have never been different, but I still double check the digital with the beam scales.

Same basic idea I use. I figure the chances of them both being off by the same amount is extremely miniscule, vs the chance of me setting the beam up wrong is much higher.

I have a Lee balance scale, and a Dillon digital. I use them to corroborate the other. I use the Lee mostly, as it takes up less space on the bench.

Latest posts

Top Bottom