Green Country Lock & Key finally up and running !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was true in the old days, now they have other methods of obtaining the info to cut the correct key, but then you have to program the key to the onboard computer

seversl years ago before the “Lishi picks” came along we had to pull the door panel and the door lock usually from passenger side and there was a code stamped on the lock. It was mostly on foreign cars, Chevy vehicles had a code on the ignition cylinder until 2006 and not sure after that.
Yes but I thought that was like a 4 pin code that would open the door only? Car keys are or used to be 7 space but only 4 or 5 were used to open the door? Been a long time though!

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes but I thought that was like a 4 pin code that would open the door only? Car keys are or used to be 7 space but only 4 or 5 were used to open the door? Been a long time though!
Most codes have complete key info, some cars like the older Chevy cars with 2 keys the code on ignition gave all info for the ing. Key but the door locks were different, you had to pull glove box lock and get the first 4 cuts and progression the last 2, could take up to 3 blanks to get it

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most codes have complete key info, some cars like the older Chevy cars with 2 keys the code on ignition gave all info for the ing. Key but the door locks were different, you had to pull glove box lock and get the first 4 cuts and progression the last 2, could take up to 3 blanks to get it
Yep i pulled a few ignition out at the school and made a key from scratch no numbers!

Latest posts

Top Bottom