Green Country Lock & Key finally up and running !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
? you have to get it from GM you have the license. automotive will make you a bunch as a locksmith if your willing to pursue it ! thanks and good luck.
I thought you had the code. Sorry, I’ve done automotive before and it was good money, I’ve been out of automotive for 18+ years and no desire to start trying to catch up on the technology, plus the programmers and key cutting machines are crazy expensive.
If you want to shoot me VIN# I’ll see what I can do !

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought you had the code. Sorry, I’ve done automotive before and it was good money, I’ve been out of automotive for 18+ years and no desire to start trying to catch up on the technology, plus the programmers and key cutting machines are crazy expensive.
yea i did it a few years for a school district its interesting and i really liked it! its one of the funky new square keys i believe they call them laser cut.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My part time job has the machine to cut them, it’s a cool machine like a milling machine with a laptop and you just punch in the info and slide the key in and watch it go

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to LS buddy I have the codes are in unusual places on the vehicle. He said most are located inside the driver's door and you have to take off the panels to get to it.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to LS buddy I have the codes are in unusual places on the vehicle. He said most are located inside the driver's door and you have to take off the panels to get to it.
That was true in the old days, now they have other methods of obtaining the info to cut the correct key, but then you have to program the key to the onboard computer !

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck on the business venture!
We need a backup key for a Kia. I'll give you a pm with a pic to see what you recommend. The original key was stolen in a home burglary. It's a long story and it wasn't us that got hit.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
doubt that. never heard that before and worked with one of the best locksmith's in oklahoma for a few years.maby he could provide pics as to a clue . or maby they just started it in recent years. make it awfully easy for crooks!

Last edited:

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was true in the old days, now they have other methods of obtaining the info to cut the correct key, but then you have to program the key to the onboard computer
doubt that. never heard that before and worked with one of the best locksmith's in oklahoma for a few years.maby he could provide pics as to a clue . or maby they just started it in recent years. make it awfully easy for crooks!
seversl years ago before the “Lishi picks” came along we had to pull the door panel and the door lock usually from passenger side and there was a code stamped on the lock. It was mostly on foreign cars, Chevy vehicles had a code on the ignition cylinder until 2006 and not sure after that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom