Green new deal for outdoors folks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AOC's proposed green new deal is looking at government protection in our national parks.
The bill contains $50 million meant to "reduce human-wildlife conflicts on National Forest System Land."

What does this mean? Building fences along the roads so the idiots that want selfies with grizzly sows protecting their cubs don't get a cuff upside the head from a thousand pound animal that can outrun a horse?

The reason we go to the national parks is to get free and natural intervention with the wildlife from a safe distance unfettered by proposed barriers? I don't know exactly what this part of the new green deal means, but I guess if the most dangerous thing you experience in the bronx for wildlife is a sewer rat or a mouse, I'm guessing you don't need to propose legislation for me in the National Parks I habitat.
Those that wish to venture close to a wild animal are in need of a natural death. The animal didn't cause it.
We saw this a couple of times when in Yellowstone a month ago.

We saw single women/men jogging/bicycling along roads where there were signs posted that bear activity was high and to avoid the area.
The act of jogging or riding a bike in bear country incites a charge response to a grizzly. They think it's prey. The first rule of encountering a bear is to not run to prevent a charge.
Standing your ground may still get a charge, but its light years safer than running, unless you shoot your buddy in the knee cap with a .25 auto and out run him.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Surely someone will run against her and replace her, sooner than later I hope.
I watched a TV program about her awhile back and those she represents.
I'm pretty sure she will be the actual speaker of the house in the future not just in name as is the case now considering how the liberal progressives are taking over their party.

Latest posts

Top Bottom