Greetings from Kansas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

spence

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA. I know its a bit of a drive but we are having an "Eat and Shoot" (ENS) at Big Boys Gun Range in Mustang, (South part of OKC) on Sun Feb 2nd. It's a Rimfire Jamboree...details are in the Gun Club/Range Talk section. Maybe you feel like a short road trip.

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/...-sunday-feb-2nd-10-00-am.287016/#post-3317626

Nice! It's about three hours down that way from the house. Outside of Wichita, I probably know OKC better than about any other city. Went to shoeing school in Minco, and have been in and out of the area off and on since then. At one point, I would have moved down there in a heartbeat. If my schedule permits, it might be a trip worth taking, especially if my kids are around. They're 8 and the youngest turns 7 next month. My son's pretty handy, and the daughter can be, but she needs somebody besides dad to help her out some.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live an hour and 20 min SW of Wichita out in the boonies. Half hour north of Cherokee. I spent a great deal of my professional life in Garfield, Grant, Alfalfa, and Woods counties.

We've got a pretty nice range, indoor and outdoor, just north of Enid now if you find yourself in Garfield County. Let me know you're coming and we'll meet up!

spence

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've got a pretty nice range, indoor and outdoor, just north of Enid now if you find yourself in Garfield County. Let me know you're coming and we'll meet up!

I definitely will do. Actually be going thru Enid today. I do have the occasional days when I’m that way and I get done early.

That’s also nice to know. Since I got to shooting a fair bit, I realized there’s not a lot of opportunity for folks to seek out any form of training in my area. I’m working on getting training and certification(s) to do just that. I don’t know how much market there is, but I already own one business that is reasonably successful in a hard to be area, so why not go for two?

spence

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Killed a BUNCH of geese north of Burlington back in the day. I could see the elevator at Kiowa. It was a couple years before we realized we were ‘sure’ we were in Oklahoma.

The two lane blacktop that goes north just on the east side of Burlington goes right by my house. For being a whole lot of BFE, it’s really not a bad place to be.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice! It's about three hours down that way from the house. Outside of Wichita, I probably know OKC better than about any other city. Went to shoeing school in Minco, and have been in and out of the area off and on since then. At one point, I would have moved down there in a heartbeat. If my schedule permits, it might be a trip worth taking, especially if my kids are around. They're 8 and the youngest turns 7 next month. My son's pretty handy, and the daughter can be, but she needs somebody besides dad to help her out some.

Great. We’d like to have you join us if you can. Let me know a day or so before if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom