Greetings from Kansas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bowling Pin Matches at FireArm Solutions
USPSA, Steel Challenge @ SCRAP at Duncan Lake.
Falling Steel and USPSA @ Double Tap Ranch Wichita Falls. Their “Hosefest” is coming up on a couple of weeks.
Tri City in Norman shoots a practical pistol match.
GSSF indoor match and a Defensive Pistol match at Big Boys.
USPSA and Steel Challenge at OKCGC.
Rowdy Rimfire, concealed pistol match, and team match at Wilshire in OKC.
USPSA and Steel Challenge at USSA in Tulsa.
USPSA and Steel Challenge at Ponca City.
Steel Challenge, pocket pistol, and action pistol at Ada.
Indian territory range in Duke shoots IDPA, Steel Challenge, and USPSA.

Edit:
I just noticed your subsequent message with a focus on steel challenge.
If you want to go a bit further, trigger guard in Wellington KS is one if the best run matches I’ve been too. Oil Capital in Tulsa also had a match.

The only sanctioned steel challenge match anywhere close is at Oklahoma City Gun Club.

GSSF outdoor matches are very similar to steel challenge. No movement 3 stages of fire with a low round count. Multiple strings of fire on each stage. Great place to win Glock pistols, and prizes. But Carrollton TX and Wellington KS are the closest of the yearly matches.

spence

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bowling Pin Matches at FireArm Solutions
USPSA, Steel Challenge @ SCRAP at Duncan Lake.
Falling Steel and USPSA @ Double Tap Ranch Wichita Falls. Their “Hosefest” is coming up on a couple of weeks.
Tri City in Norman shoots a practical pistol match.
GSSF indoor match and a Defensive Pistol match at Big Boys.
USPSA and Steel Challenge at OKCGC.
Rowdy Rimfire, concealed pistol match, and team match at Wilshire in OKC.
USPSA and Steel Challenge at USSA in Tulsa.
USPSA and Steel Challenge at Ponca City.
Steel Challenge, pocket pistol, and action pistol at Ada.
Indian territory range in Duke shoots IDPA, Steel Challenge, and USPSA.

Edit:
I just noticed your subsequent message with a focus on steel challenge.
If you want to go a bit further, trigger guard in Wellington KS is one if the best run matches I’ve been too. Oil Capital in Tulsa also had a match.

The only sanctioned steel challenge match anywhere close is at Oklahoma City Gun Club.

GSSF outdoor matches are very similar to steel challenge. No movement 3 stages of fire with a low round count. Multiple strings of fire on each stage. Great place to win Glock pistols, and prizes. But Carrollton TX and Wellington KS are the closest of the yearly matches.

I did hit up the run and gun and steel challenge in December at Trigger Guard. Went to the USPSA match in Wichita a couple weeks ago, probably try to make that a regular thing. USPSA in Ponca is certainly a possibility, it's not much further than Wichita is, I just don't have any other excuses to go that way.

I already drive close to 5k a month between working and the other stuff I have to do, one of the cursed things about living so far out is not much of anything is close, so it's a jaunt to participate anywhere.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I attend IDPA matches at the Bullseye shooting range in Wichita fairly regularly. It always the 1st & 3rd Sunday of each month & starts at 6pm & runs to around 9 to 9:30.
Its about an hour & 10 to 15 minute drive for me, so I mostly make it just once a month.

Latest posts

Top Bottom