Grendel questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly. Why does anyone need a flash suppressor on a range, or hunting gun? They don’t eliminate muzzle flash, just suppress it somewhat and by design help to eliminate “some” dust signature.
They have a purpose and for 99% of non tactical purposes they aren’t needed. Tacticool purposes only.
I like mine because it looks cool as heck. It will be gone with my suppressor comes in, but till then.....IT LOOKS COOL...Ha!

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
flash suppressors/hiders are for the shooter, so if shooter is engaged in night gun fights he/she is not totally blinded by the muzzle flash. i mostly use linear flash hiders, directs a large percentage of the noise down range, sadly they don't look so cool tho, kinda like "just a tool"

Last edited:

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's the common complaint that I've heard about them. People say they can typically load 5-7 rounds in them without issue, but they will tend to swell. I've also heard to never leave them loaded in a Pmag, or they'll swell permanently. I'll stick with Elanders.

I used the Pmags when I first got it, while the E-Landers were on BO. They functioned great with the Pmags. I run E-Landers now with no issues.

Anyone run their 6.5 suppressed? I just got my TranQuilo out of jail and have yet to get a chance to shoot it suppressed.

How does everyone's 6.5 do accuracy wise? Mine is a LaRue 6.5 UU and does half MOA pretty consistently with ELD-M.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
flash suppressors/hiders are for the shooter, so if shooter is engaged in night gun fights he/she is not totally blinded by the muzzle flash. i mostly use linear flash hiders, directs a large percentage of the noise down range, sadly they don't look so cool tho, kinda like "just a tool"
I've used flash suppressors on the job, and in that case they are an improvement over a bare barrel for sure at night. I've not had luck with linear compensators. I bought one to use on my AR .243WSSM and had pie plate groups. Removed it and it became a tackdriver.
All rifles/calibers/loads are different, and a lot of them are in use. Just didn't work for me and my rifle.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a VG6 Epsilon muzzle device on my 6.5. It does a helluva job on taming barrel jump, and the flash suppressor is just an added benefit.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used the Pmags when I first got it, while the E-Landers were on BO. They functioned great with the Pmags. I run E-Landers now with no issues.

Anyone run their 6.5 suppressed? I just got my TranQuilo out of jail and have yet to get a chance to shoot it suppressed.

How does everyone's 6.5 do accuracy wise? Mine is a LaRue 6.5 UU and does half MOA pretty consistently with ELD-M.
I run both of mine suppressed, my ar usually shoots 1/2-3/4 moa, my new bolt gun I haven’t shot it enough to know

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The E-landers has a 17 round mag but I can't find them at any box stores. Did you get yours online? I've got one small capacity and it runs flawlessly but want the larger capacity and I like those mags.

k4ylr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The E-landers has a 17 round mag but I can't find them at any box stores. Did you get yours online? I've got one small capacity and it runs flawlessly but want the larger capacity and I like those mags.

I picked up my 17rd eLanders from LaRue. Decent price, nice shipping. They're almost always OOS at Primary Arms, Brownells and others.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used flash suppressors on the job, and in that case they are an improvement over a bare barrel for sure at night. I've not had luck with linear compensators. I bought one to use on my AR .243WSSM and had pie plate groups. Removed it and it became a tackdriver.
All rifles/calibers/loads are different, and a lot of them are in use. Just didn't work for me and my rifle.

the company i buy my barrels from also makes the linear flash hiders, he ports the the gas outward and outward angled from the bore, the ports are also on a chamfered cut so as to be physically behind the the exit. i've not had problems with accuracy using those, don't know about any others