Griffin Armament Optimus Supressor..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds similar to the SiCo Hybrid. This one is a little smaller, and more modular, but the Hybrid goes up to .45 cal, including .45-70. All the options on the market now are mind boggling. It's awesome.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sounds similar to the SiCo Hybrid. This one is a little smaller, and more modular, but the Hybrid goes up to .45 cal, including .45-70. All the options on the market now are mind boggling. It's awesome.

This is the first ive heard of this can. Silencerco isnt doing a good job at releasing alot of information behind it though. I can only find decibel ratings for 9mm, 300blk, 458 & 4570. Im interested in knowing how well it will handle 556 and 308 cal with that bigger bore. Another thing is i cant seem to find out what is actually included in the price. I know griffin armament will send me the minimalist brake, pistol booster, rifle extention, all the caliber end caps, etc. with it. I'd only have to buy the 3 lug for pistol use.

On the silcencerco page it says, pistons sold seperately...im guessing thast means neilson device isnt included.. I think ill just stick with the Griffin on this one.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw that Optimus on another forum. It may be my first can. Been waiting on one that is multi caliber.
What is happening on July 13 that makes you want one before then?
I haven't kept up very well with legislation in this area

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I saw that Optimus on another forum. It may be my first can. Been waiting on one that is multi caliber.

Obamas ATF41f July 13th 2016 trusts will need CLEO signoff like individual route. I dont want to chance not having atleast one can and one registered SBR incase Grady county CLEO is a turd.

http://www.nfafa.org/atf41p.cfm

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
This is the first ive heard of this can. Silencerco isnt doing a good job at releasing alot of information behind it though. I can only find decibel ratings for 9mm, 300blk, 458 & 4570. Im interested in knowing how well it will handle 556 and 308 cal with that bigger bore. Another thing is i cant seem to find out what is actually included in the price. I know griffin armament will send me the minimalist brake, pistol booster, rifle extention, all the caliber end caps, etc. with it. I'd only have to buy the 3 lug for pistol use.

On the silcencerco page it says, pistons sold seperately...im guessing thast means neilson device isnt included.. I think ill just stick with the Griffin on this one.

Wasn't arguing for or against either one. I hadn't seen the Optimus before today.

I like seeing more options. And in particular more options for the people who are starting, or just wanting a more versatile can instead of the dedicated offerings previously.

And I agree, SiCo isn't giving a lot of info on their new offerings.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Form 4 using a trust doesn't require finger prints, photographs, or Law Enforcement notification. After July 13, 2016 all new Form 4 trusts will require fingerprints and photographs of parties on the trust to be submitted for the first time. It will also be required to notify Chief of Law Enforcement for your city or county. (My understanding, I will review with my attorney before any future purchases to make sure)

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obamas ATF41f July 13th 2016 trusts will need CLEO signoff like individual route. I dont want to chance not having atleast one can and one registered SBR incase Grady county CLEO is a turd.

http://www.nfafa.org/atf41p.cfm
I typed too slow. Is Chief of LE sign off or just notification. I also was thinking finger prints and photo graphs of responsible parties on the trust.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wasn't arguing for or against either one. I hadn't seen the Optimus before today.

I like seeing more options. And in particular more options for the people who are starting, or just wanting a more versatile can instead of the dedicated offerings previously.

And I agree, SiCo isn't giving a lot of info on their new offerings.

I didn't mean for it to sound like I was arguing over for one over the other. I like silencerco, I was about to buy the omega before I found out about these universal cans.

Latest posts

Top Bottom