Grip -N-Pull bullet puller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone posted a link to this bullet puller.
https://grip-n-pull.com/

I do not know who did it but this idea is awesome sooooo Off to the back yard I went.
I found some flat steel and cut a slice through it to make myself one.
Well the flat steel is leaf spring . I could not drill it!
This needed annealed so into the fire place it went.. glowing very red and I let it cool very slowly.
In fact it cooled on top of a 200 degree platform.

EEEHHHH not slow enough still could not drill it.
Yes I have mild steel but another Idea came to mind.

PLIERS...What if i ground out the toothed area on some regular pliers and filled with JB weld.
Follow me.
When the JB is still soft I will insert a .308 and .223 bullet I wrapped 1 layer of saran wrap around.
Inserted into the JB Weld.
It set up and I pulled the bullets then cut a notch through the middle of the JB so I could open the pliers.

WOO HOO I pulled some .308 Non crimped loads..Did not work on .223.

HHHMMM I walked around HF Tools today and found some long nose Needle nose pliers $3.99

OK what IF I drilled a through the jaws and honed it to .308 or just under and chamfered the edges and polished the hole.

Ye I tried it without the polished or chamfered and it worked great..But left 2 small marks on the bullet. the hole is .303" diameter.
It is a start and I will hone it correctly and then do some different caliber holes to pull my other stuff.
Too simple and cheap too.
Works better than the JB weld attempt.
001.JPG

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I looked for it and could not find the post..I know it was very recent.
Man I am glad you did post it ..I think if the tool was a bit cheaper I would get one..But I just have to build my own stuff you know.
That tool looks like the best way to pull bullets. or at least the easiest.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I looked for it and could not find the post..I know it was very recent.
Man I am glad you did post it ..I think if the tool was a bit cheaper I would get one..But I just have to build my own stuff you know.
That tool looks like the best way to pull bullets. or at least the easiest.
I have about everything out there including collets, hammers, etc, and when I saw that, the light came on about what a simple device that was and how quick it could be.
I don't have a whole lot of rejects in reloading even though I do a pretty large volume every month, but I'm at our range on a regular basis and we have dud round containers. Folks drop their rounds in there that FTF or they drop and get a bullet pushback, etc, so I gather them up and bring home. I've got around 50+ pounds of loaded ammo over the years, and always thought if we ever got into another reloading component shortage, I've got some rounds to pull the bullets from and recycle.
6cd40a2e053bc65c43fef388280b4afa.jpg

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone posted a link to this bullet puller.
https://grip-n-pull.com/

I do not know who did it but this idea is awesome sooooo Off to the back yard I went.
I found some flat steel and cut a slice through it to make myself one.
Well the flat steel is leaf spring . I could not drill it!
This needed annealed so into the fire place it went.. glowing very red and I let it cool very slowly.
In fact it cooled on top of a 200 degree platform.

EEEHHHH not slow enough still could not drill it.
Yes I have mild steel but another Idea came to mind.

PLIERS...What if i ground out the toothed area on some regular pliers and filled with JB weld.
Follow me.
When the JB is still soft I will insert a .308 and .223 bullet I wrapped 1 layer of saran wrap around.
Inserted into the JB Weld.
It set up and I pulled the bullets then cut a notch through the middle of the JB so I could open the pliers.

WOO HOO I pulled some .308 Non crimped loads..Did not work on .223.

HHHMMM I walked around HF Tools today and found some long nose Needle nose pliers $3.99

OK what IF I drilled a through the jaws and honed it to .308 or just under and chamfered the edges and polished the hole.

Ye I tried it without the polished or chamfered and it worked great..But left 2 small marks on the bullet. the hole is .303" diameter.
It is a start and I will hone it correctly and then do some different caliber holes to pull my other stuff.
Too simple and cheap too.
Works better than the JB weld attempt.
View attachment 115968
Why not try a set of these crimpers?
ace.imageg.net_graphics_product_images_pACE_1127140dt.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
for 100 yard shooting I do not think a marred up bullet would hurt trajectory too much. MOA of pie plate.
I only say that because I have shot and seen some odd things that still hit the target.

Buddy was shooting at a can with the gun rested on his truck hood..His dads truck hood that is.
He was not used to scopes on rifles and hit the A pillar and put a crease in it and left some bullet jacket behind that I found.
He still hit the can that was 100 yards out.
165 game king HPBT from my .308.
He missed a deer with that because of the scope.. he hit the branch in front of him.. shot through his pop up blind once because of scope being higher than muzzle.. Funny stuff.

But if I have my choice i would want a nice pretty unscathed bullet.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
swampratt = OSA's MacGyver!

Another great idea! I looked at the Grip-N-Pull and thought, yeah, that's a great tool. But, being the cheap old geezer that I am ...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
for 100 yard shooting I do not think a marred up bullet would hurt trajectory too much. MOA of pie plate.
I only say that because I have shot and seen some odd things that still hit the target.

Buddy was shooting at a can with the gun rested on his truck hood..His dads truck hood that is.
He was not used to scopes on rifles and hit the A pillar and put a crease in it and left some bullet jacket behind that I found.
He still hit the can that was 100 yards out.
165 game king HPBT from my .308.
He missed a deer with that because of the scope.. he hit the branch in front of him.. shot through his pop up blind once because of scope being higher than muzzle.. Funny stuff.

But if I have my choice i would want a nice pretty unscathed bullet.

I saw an interesting test in one of the gun magazines I used to get. They put pointed rifle bullets in the brass backwards, base forward with the same powder charge as a standard load. At 100 yards, the author was surprised at the accuracy. It certainly opened up a bit vs the pointed bullet going the direction it was designed for but was accurate enough for short range work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom