Grip Reduction?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93 FOX

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there is a guy on another forum that said you can use a candle to heat the back of the grip, then roll it on a hard surface and it will push the grip in to make it thinner from front to back. I have a G17 gen 4 which the grip is perfect. But on my G26 it sticks out like a sore thumb. I would like to try it but would love some input first. Maybe olyeller could give me some advise on weather or not I should try it.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That would work if you heat it up just enough to soften the back of the frame and not the magwell. If you were patient enough it might work.

You disfigure the magazine well, you have a boogered up gun.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there is a guy on another forum that said you can use a candle to heat the back of the grip, then roll it on a hard surface and it will push the grip in to make it thinner from front to back. I have a G17 gen 4 which the grip is perfect. But on my G26 it sticks out like a sore thumb. I would like to try it but would love some input first. Maybe olyeller could give me some advise on weather or not I should try it.

I would leave it to the pro, I don't trust myself doing that especially on a gun that I depend my life on. I'm with the guys, Olyeller can get it done for ya.

Latest posts

Top Bottom