Grocery Getter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took my 2 boys to Thunder Valley last night to watch some runs...tower mentions that there will be 15 minutes between money heats if anyone wants to do Test and Tune. My oldest asked if I would take my 3 row SUV down the strip so he could watch me (I've run Vipers out there before) so I figured it would be fun.

Surprise, my 5800 pound SUV put down a 12.5 with the AC blowing (even ran the AC seats and massagers just to be funny).

It was fun to see "street cars" running throughout the night that looked somewhat fast go slower than what the Benz ran. My oldest is still grinning! Video of the run won't upload but a couple pics will.
One of my workout Buddies had one of those, he said it was fun to shame guys in their hotrods in a little stop light match... :)

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very impressive and quicker than my work vehicle 57 chevy 4 door in the 1/4 mile.
I had to research that Benz and came up with something like 550 HP 560 lb-ft Torque
Over $100K to buy one.

It is nice to know they at least made it pretty quick.
Still very impressive for the weight and the stealth grocery getter /soccer mom look is priceless.
Love it.

I put a RennTech stage 1 on it (91 pump gas) and their claim is closer to 680HP/TQ and I believe it. Really woke it up. The Stage II and III tunes are supposed to be nasty. Srtick was $129K but they can get over $150K pretty quickly. I'm looking at a new one now...

If you shave a .1 off that 60' it will take .3 off the 1/4 ET. Do it this Oct. without A/C and you'll be in the 11's. ** WARNING ** Things like this can lead to a full blown race car. LOL

For sure. I didn't expect much so I didn't take it seriously. Next time it'll be in the fall with a strong power brake to get turbos spooled, No AC and less fuel. I feel like there is slight chance to break into the 11s.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Next time it'll be in the fall with a strong power brake to get turbos spooled, No AC and less fuel. I feel like there is slight chance to break into the 11s.

That would be sweet!
I would like to be there and hopefully I will have my 1947 Dodge truck running then and would be cool to do an OSA member drag racing day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom