Grocery Getter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took my 2 boys to Thunder Valley last night to watch some runs...tower mentions that there will be 15 minutes between money heats if anyone wants to do Test and Tune. My oldest asked if I would take my 3 row SUV down the strip so he could watch me (I've run Vipers out there before) so I figured it would be fun.

Surprise, my 5800 pound SUV put down a 12.5 with the AC blowing (even ran the AC seats and massagers just to be funny).

It was fun to see "street cars" running throughout the night that looked somewhat fast go slower than what the Benz ran. My oldest is still grinning! Video of the run won't upload but a couple pics will.

Attachments

• tempImage4l6GOg.png
    tempImage4l6GOg.png
    783.4 KB · Views: 128
  • tempImagetYxmOS.png
    tempImagetYxmOS.png
    549.3 KB · Views: 124

Gunblinder

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s all in that 60’, almost sub 2 seconds is absolutely great. I have yet to get anywhere near 2 seconds. Best I’ve done is probably 2.5...

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gotta work on that 60'!!
Literal first time to track it so I think a 2 sec 60' in a 5800 pound SUV is about as good as it gets (maybe spool the turbos a little higher with brakes could shave a tenth)
I am still in shock from my ride in this soccer mom rocket. If memory serves the bumble bee ran an 11.5?
I can't remember if it had the tune in it when you were with me?
really impressive 60', does this have launch control or awd?
No launch control but it is a 4matic....

I'm sure I'll never do it again - it was mainly to let my boys see Dad run down the 1/4 BUT if I did it will be with less fuel on board (I filled up with 91 on the way there so carrying at least 20 extra gallons of fuel), higher octane, and I'd go without the A/C on and I'd power brake a little harder instead of watching the tree. I think with that in place it could be a 12.3 SUV

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very impressive and quicker than my work vehicle 57 chevy 4 door in the 1/4 mile.
I had to research that Benz and came up with something like 550 HP 560 lb-ft Torque
Over $100K to buy one.

It is nice to know they at least made it pretty quick.
Still very impressive for the weight and the stealth grocery getter /soccer mom look is priceless.
Love it.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took my 2 boys to Thunder Valley last night to watch some runs...tower mentions that there will be 15 minutes between money heats if anyone wants to do Test and Tune. My oldest asked if I would take my 3 row SUV down the strip so he could watch me (I've run Vipers out there before) so I figured it would be fun.

Surprise, my 5800 pound SUV put down a 12.5 with the AC blowing (even ran the AC seats and massagers just to be funny).

It was fun to see "street cars" running throughout the night that looked somewhat fast go slower than what the Benz ran. My oldest is still grinning! Video of the run won't upload but a couple pics will.
If you shave a .1 off that 60' it will take .3 off the 1/4 ET. Do it this Oct. without A/C and you'll be in the 11's. ** WARNING ** Things like this can lead to a full blown race car. LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom