Grocery shopping today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We did our normal weekly grocery store run today. The wife finally caught on to what I have been trying to tell her about the shortages. Several empty shelves in Aldo and Crest Foods. Several things on our list were out of stock. Luckily most things were not.

When it is bad enough to make my wife comment and say we should buy a little more hamburger while they have it, you know it is getting noticeable.

Thanks to a friend who was moving overseas we have plenty of canned goods for now. I just need to find someone that eats canned corn to trade me some green beans or something. Ended up with 3 cans and we will not eat them. :P :P :P

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I assume you do not make chili and corn bread.
Toss a can of corn into the corn bread.

You can mash up the corn and add it to a pancake for breakfast.
You can drain it and feed it to the geese by hand and grab one of those suckers by the neck and get you some goose for dinner.
:)

Dump it into a pot of stew.
But I assume you just do not like corn stuff.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I assume you do not make chili and corn bread.
Toss a can of corn into the corn bread.

You can mash up the corn and add it to a pancake for breakfast.
You can drain it and feed it to the geese by hand and grab one of those suckers by the neck and get you some goose for dinner.
:)

Dump it into a pot of stew.
But I assume you just do not like corn stuff.
This is what I was going to suggest except for the corn pancakes and goose bait part. :D

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a frozen package of cow brains and canned corn for bait and was dropped off at the age of 14 at Overholser lake for the entire day.
Until my dad got off work to come pick me up.
Snow on the ground and everything was wet.
I had my fishing pole and tackle box and fish would not bite anything even jigs failed.

I tore bark off of a tree and made a small fire and had found a soda can and cut it and cooked the brains and corn in that can so I would have something to eat.
Corn ain't bad.

Fish would have been better.
Brains are all just gritty.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prefer corn over green beans but i also know that some peoples metabolism wont let them eat whole kernel corn, i like cream style and use it like gravy on cream potatoes.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We did our normal weekly grocery store run today. The wife finally caught on to what I have been trying to tell her about the shortages. Several empty shelves in Aldo and Crest Foods. Several things on our list were out of stock. Luckily most things were not.

When it is bad enough to make my wife comment and say we should buy a little more hamburger while they have it, you know it is getting noticeable.

Thanks to a friend who was moving overseas we have plenty of canned goods for now. I just need to find someone that eats canned corn to trade me some green beans or something. Ended up with 3 cans and we will not eat them. :P :P :P
Shoot me a PM when you get a chance, we're close enough to swap.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Just be thankful. The folks in Prince George were greeted with shelves picked clean. The only thing left, lemons. It’s already a sour situation. I’m not sure sucking on sour lemons is gonna make them suddenly happy.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-landslides-trucking-alternative-routes-1.6251759
D843F3FA-B60D-4324-A507-8BDB17FD2DF8.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom