• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Ground Drive Hay Rake and Mechanical Square Baler

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Looking for older, mechanical driven equipment (no hydraulics) at a reasonable price. I want something I can put to use right away that's in good working order. I don't mind driving but I'll need help loading them on a trailer.

I'd prefer a twine vs wire system on the baler but that's not a deal killer.

PM me a phone number and I'll call you.

Thanks!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you can find them, the old New Holland 55, 56, 255, and 256 side delivery rakes are hard to beat, and they’re not in high demand (everyone is using wheel rakes now), so you can usually get them cheap. I think my dad gave $600 for the last one (a 56, IIRC) he bought, and it was in really good condition. There’ve been several times I was raking hay when I wished I still had it, but he sold it a few years ago.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
If you can find them, the old New Holland 55, 56, 255, and 256 side delivery rakes are hard to beat, and they’re not in high demand (everyone is using wheel rakes now), so you can usually get them cheap. I think my dad gave $600 for the last one (a 56, IIRC) he bought, and it was in really good condition. There’ve been several times I was raking hay when I wished I still had it, but he sold it a few years ago.

Neighbor's dad was using a 50-something year old JD 62 rake and it gets the ground cleaner than the brand new $35K fancy thing my other hay guy uses. Even if I had the money, I'd want something older and simpler. I've got my eye on a few right now...just waiting for some calls.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
46   0   0

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
***SIDE NOTE*** I called on one baler today and talked to "Jim", an 82 year old farmer from north TX. What a stellar example of decent human being. Not only did he give me really good advice on the baler I called about, he invited me to his place and said he'd spend a day teaching me everything he could about older balers...and apparently he has a few. I wish I had a neighbor with the years of wisdom that man obviously has.

Even if I don't find what I want, just talking with Jim has made my search worthwhile. I really enjoy making an acquaintance of men like him.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I just drove through Siloam Springs. I saw a couple old ground drive side deliveries there. Just caught a glimpse but I think there was a right and a left. The place is called Sellers Trading Post. He has a few acres of older equipment there. Google them up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom