GSI 300blk trim kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone else looked at the GSI 300blk dillion trim kit ($150)? It uses two dies to trim the brass, not one like dillion and the tool head looks to have a better vac setup .

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never heard of it so I found this and read about it.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/archive/index.php/t-1205629.html

Some things to consider if you go there.
I assume you do not like the old way of making or buying a jig and cutting them with a small chop saw.

I made a jig that sits over the top of my belt sander it is basically a bridge over the belt with a hole in it i place a case in a shell holder and place the case through the hole and when the shell holder bottoms out the case is trimmed with the spinning belt to the length I need.
I made my deal for shortening .308 cases for use in 45acp pistol when i make shot shells for 45acp.
That is a lot of trimming of a .308 case :)

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did the hf mini chop saw before ,I got a deal on 1500 pc of 223 and run through the chop saw . It's just running them through a sizing die and a hand trimer that is slowing me down ,so am looking a better deal ---ie "work smarter not harder "

Coug91

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one for my 650 and it worked well. I'd say better than the Dillon because it speechwriter air flow. I bought one when I upgraded to a 1050, but it didn't work as well as the 650 had. Just wasn't getting enough air flow. So I went back to the Dillon for my1050. I was using the Bosch 2.5HP router and Dillon carbide 300BLK trim die on an ammobot at about 2250 pounds per hour. One day I'll setup the press again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom