GSSF Practice Match 5-8-2021. OKC Gun Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Free Entry available see below.

Price for the match is now $15 fir the first entry $10 for additional entries. ($10 for OKCGC members).

Match starts at 10:00. Check in starts at 9:00 and closes at 9:45.

I have two free entries available of my own that I’m going to give away to a new participant at this match.
Terms:
1) You cannot have shot a previous OKCGC GSSF practice match before. New participants only. You can request one for your spouse/friend/parent/kid/dog or whatever, but see conditions 2-4.
2) You must use it on 5/8/2021
3) If you accept this entry and don’t show up, it is gone forever. You can’t use it later, I can’t use it or give it to anyone else. Don’t ask for it if you are not serious about using it.
4) You are required to make a post about the experience, good or bad. We want to see the feedback and want to grow this match.

Request here publicly or send me a PM. If more than 2 people request it, I’ll do a random draw.

More details here:
https://okshooters.com/threads/gssf-style-practice-match-4-10-2021.311012/

PractiScore Link. You need a PS account to register and see the details there:
https://practiscore.com/okcgc-gssf-practice-match-may/register

Last edited:

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer of the free match fee Mad Professor!
This is a great match! No Movement! If you are looking for a way to get involved in competitive shooting this is a good place to start. If you are looking for good practice this is a great place to see how good you really are.
I cannot use this offer as I have shot this match previously.
See you Saturday Mad Professor!

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I assume you have to have a Glock?
No Sir.
This is a GSSF "Practice" match, you can shoot any pistol caliber firearm.
The courses of fire are the same as a GSSF match, but the requirement that you use a Glock is waived/not used.
There are different divisions for different firearms.
I shoot both a Glock Model 44 and a S&W Victory, both with iron sights, in Rimfire division.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I assume you have to have a Glock?

Everybody “has to have a Glock”! [emoji23]

But no Glock Is required for these practice matches. The sanctioned matches with the big prizes are Glock only however. That’s the reason the bring all the big prizes to town. Look for it to come to OKCGC in 2022.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just because I'm too lazy to look it up right now, which division of the GSSF matches can the G48 be used in?

Stock division if still stock. (Mods pretty much limited to any post notch sights and grip tape)

Glock considers it the equivalent of the 19/17 guns.

The 43X falls in with the 26 and can also be used in sub-compact at a sanctioned outdoor match. But sub-compact shoots with the others mentioned about in indoor matches and this practice match.

You have to go to a 43, 365, Shield (original), LC9 sized gun to drop to the Pocket division.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Looking forward to it. For those on the fence thinking about it you should come on out. It’s one of the best ways to get into competitive shooting without having to run around and shoot anything all that difficult. You don’t need a holster and you can shoot about any handgun. If you screw up the only person laughing at you will be yourself. Great bunch of friendly people to hang out with and shoot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom