Guided hog hunts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
So my buddies are planning my bachelor party, and asked me what I wanted to do. I mentioned the fact that I love nothing more than to go out hunting and fishing for the weekend, cook some good food over the fire (most of my buddies say I eat better camping than they do at home), and sleep under the stars. One of the guys brought up a guided hog hunt. Says he has found a few for $350. I’m guessing that’s 350 a person.

I’ve never been on a guided hunt. Suggestions? Suggestions of an outfitter? Is it worth it? I kinda scoff at the idea of paying to hunt pigs, I would rather be miserable in the woods in the heat with the chance for a free pig typically. But having a productive weekend would be nice. What’s the experience like? Anything to watch for? I’ve seen a lot of guided hunts that seem to nickle and dime you: pay for the hunt, pay for the gun you’re required to use, pay for the ammo you’re required to use in the gun, accommodation fees, trophy fees, etc. is this the case?

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out Double G Outfitters. Brent Gandy runs it out of the SW area of the state and offers entire weekends for around that price. You can hunt around the clock if you so choose. He has feeders and stands / blinds setup. You can shoot as many as you want with no trophy fees and use whatever gun or bow you want to bring.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll second Double G...

5E458AA6-75AE-4D7B-BE73-66653CEB42A1.png

Jlingle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a buddy who went on one of those Texas-based “congrats you won” Facebook hunts. He and his brother ended up spending around $1900 before they got out of there. 🤣

The Double G hunts look good though. Good suggestion!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So my buddies are planning my bachelor party, and asked me what I wanted to do. I mentioned the fact that I love nothing more than to go out hunting and fishing for the weekend, cook some good food over the fire (most of my buddies say I eat better camping than they do at home), and sleep under the stars. One of the guys brought up a guided hog hunt. Says he has found a few for $350. I’m guessing that’s 350 a person.

I’ve never been on a guided hunt. Suggestions? Suggestions of an outfitter? Is it worth it? I kinda scoff at the idea of paying to hunt pigs, I would rather be miserable in the woods in the heat with the chance for a free pig typically. But having a productive weekend would be nice. What’s the experience like? Anything to watch for? I’ve seen a lot of guided hunts that seem to nickle and dime you: pay for the hunt, pay for the gun you’re required to use, pay for the ammo you’re required to use in the gun, accommodation fees, trophy fees, etc. is this the case?
Congrats on the marriage when it happens! Jealous on your plans for a bachelor party.
No suggestions on the pig hunt but it has to be more fun than my bachelor party at the strip joint where mine turned into a debacle with one cousin doing the low crawl out of the building when his wife showed up and my fiancé pouring a pitcher of beer over my head on pervert row.
There was more to the story but the wedding happened the next day and 33 years later we laugh about it.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a buddy who went on one of those Texas-based “congrats you won” Facebook hunts. He and his brother ended up spending around $1900 before they got out of there. 🤣

The Double G hunts look good though. Good suggestion!
The old “ranch boss” on the independence ranch where the “hunt is free” and you pay for EVERYTHING else. Lol. That guy is a goober and some of the stories you read about that place are crazy.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats on the marriage when it happens! Jealous on your plans for a bachelor party.
No suggestions on the pig hunt but it has to be more fun than my bachelor party at the strip joint where mine turned into a debacle with one cousin doing the low crawl out of the building when his wife showed up and my fiancé pouring a pitcher of beer over my head on pervert row.
There was more to the story but the wedding happened the next day and 33 years later we laugh about it.
Thank you! Yeah, I’ve always had a bit of an aversion to strip clubs, I don’t like being touched by people and I don’t understand why people would pay to look at, but not touch some titties when I can go home and do it for free, or at least the price of a bottle of wine.

Although, I do remember one time that I had an absolute blast at the strip club, my buddy and I took his sorta slow, weird uncle out, he had no idea such a thing existed. So we took him to fantasy island. Ordered a pitcher of beer, gave him money for a lap dance or two and to give to girls on stage. Girls would come up to our table and we would give them 20s and tell them our buddy had never been to a strip club before and that he needed someone in his lap. He was like a kid in Disney land being given buckets of free candy. Tons of fun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom