Gun cleaning mat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I was cleaning my pistol tonight it occurred to me to share my gun cleaning mat choice. I have used different cleaning surfaces over the years, but when I needed a new one I decided to try something that would be durable, easy to clean, wouldn't damage my guns, and was a good value.

That led me to purchase a couple of silicone baking mats. I remembered having one around in the kitchen utensil stuff, but it must have left with much of the other baking and cooking stuff during a cleaning and downsizing purge a few years ago.

The mats work great! I have never needed to use the second one and have used the one that came with the set for three years or so. Just the right size for cleaning handguns (16.5" X 11.5"), easy to fold and store with my gun cleaning stuff, doesn't retain the smell of the Ballistol, stays firmly on the kitchen table when I clean my handguns, durable and non-abrasive to guns, and easy to clean up with just a wipe using paper towels.

I bought mine on Amazon, but I am sure they are available at every Walmart and probably any other store that sells cooking items.

Bon Appetit!

upload_2019-1-30_22-12-31.png

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use the rubber tool box liner that you can get at Harbor Freight. I covered my reloading/work bench with it, and keep a couple of pieces rolled up to throw down on other surfaces when I need it.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FrankNmac, good idea about silicone mat. I always used a lot of newspaper in the past. Don't have a source anymore. Have ruined TV trays also.:nolike: I have a wooden bench table in garage also.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a regular gun mat that is rifle length with close knit carpet on one side and rubber backed to prevent oils, etc from seeping through, plus is non static.
Came as part of a spend this much money, and get this free mat deal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom