Gun control......and so it begins.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.atr.org/biden-impose-200-gun-tax

Joe Biden would force semiautomatic rifle owners to either participate in a gun buyback program, or register their firearm under the National Firearms Act, which requires the payment of a $200 tax. This would extend to AR-15s and other common household rifles. Those who do not comply would face up to 10 years in federal prison, and a potential $10,000 fine.

In order to register a firearm (or a magazine, under Joe Biden's plan), you have to send in a 13-page, complicated application form with the $200 tax included, your fingerprints, and a photograph of yourself. In this way, the hurdles to legally own your weapon or high-capacity magazine go far beyond the expensive tax.

Given there are nearly 18 million AR-15s privately owned in the United States, gun owners could potentially be forced to pay a collective $3.6 billion in taxes. This figure doesn’t even include other weapons the left considers “assault weapons” and the additional magazines many gun owners would have to register.

According to the Biden campaign, any magazine that holds more than 10 rounds is a “high capacity” magazine. Even if someone owns only one AR-15, if they have just four standard capacity magazines, they would owe the federal government $1,000.

What could possibly be on a 13 page form?

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.atr.org/biden-impose-200-gun-tax

Joe Biden would force semiautomatic rifle owners to either participate in a gun buyback program, or register their firearm under the National Firearms Act, which requires the payment of a $200 tax. This would extend to AR-15s and other common household rifles. Those who do not comply would face up to 10 years in federal prison, and a potential $10,000 fine.

In order to register a firearm (or a magazine, under Joe Biden's plan), you have to send in a 13-page, complicated application form with the $200 tax included, your fingerprints, and a photograph of yourself. In this way, the hurdles to legally own your weapon or high-capacity magazine go far beyond the expensive tax.

Given there are nearly 18 million AR-15s privately owned in the United States, gun owners could potentially be forced to pay a collective $3.6 billion in taxes. This figure doesn’t even include other weapons the left considers “assault weapons” and the additional magazines many gun owners would have to register.

According to the Biden campaign, any magazine that holds more than 10 rounds is a “high capacity” magazine. Even if someone owns only one AR-15, if they have just four standard capacity magazines, they would owe the federal government $1,000.

What could possibly be on a 13 page form?

Can any of this be done by Executive Order? My thought is “no”, and if tried will end up before the Supreme Court.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Woop just sold all my guns to a local buy back program, it was weird though, guy was at the back of a truck with a cardboard sign saying " I buy back your guns". Didn't get a receipt or a name, seemed legit.

Was that the guy pulling a really big boat on a trailer behind his truck? Yeah, he said he was from the government, and was here to help us comply with the new rules. A real swell fella. He said something about he was gonna go by Lake....lake...aw crap, I forgot which lake it was. Anyways, he was gonna take a couple days off from collecting the several hundred guns he had on the the list and go fishing. It was in Arkansas I think, or was it maybe Alabama ? Ohio? Or was that Ontario? Then he was going on to DC to turn 'em all in to Beto.

Since he was a government guy, I trusted him. Man, that's sure a lot of guns to have to round up, I felt sorry for him and tipped him 2 bucks for his trouble. He said he'd email me a receipt.

I feel safe at last.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was that the guy pulling a really big boat on a trailer behind his truck? Yeah, he said he was from the government, and was here to help us comply with the new rules. A real swell fella. He said something about he was gonna go by Lake....lake...aw crap, I forgot which lake it was. Anyways, he was gonna take a couple days off from collecting the several hundred guns he had on the the list and go fishing. It was in Arkansas I think, or was it maybe Alabama ? Ohio? Or was that Ontario? Then he was going on to DC to turn 'em all in to Beto.

Since he was a government guy, I trusted him. Man, that's sure a lot of guns to have to round up, I felt sorry for him and tipped him 2 bucks for his trouble. He said he'd email me a receipt.

I feel safe at last.

Yep same dude.

Latest posts

Top Bottom