Gun damaging car seat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oily_Guy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been carrying for several years, but I've just recently noticed that the butt of my gun is seriously damaging the back of the seat in two of my cars.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to continue carrying without having to get my seats reupholstered on a regular basis?

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have that problem with car seats and dining room chairs. I do carry a Glock Model 22. I think the only solution is to get a compact carry gun that does not have a full length grip, so that it does not rub as much.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
G-code RTI, I have an RTI wheel mounted to my console and use their belt accessories. When I get in the truck, my gun comes off and goes into another holster(or you can transfer the holster completely if you have OWB RTI holster) and vice versa. Beauty is it only takes 2 seconds to do and it leaves the gun accessible/secure while driving.

Last edited:

Oily_Guy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys, you got me thinking in different directions. I sometimes seem to get tunnel vision. I particularly like the suggestion of the RTI system. I'm looking into that.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The easiest way to eliminate this wear damage to your seats is to switch to a cross draw holster. Takes a little practice. But if you buy an actual holster designed for cross draw it'll make the transition easier.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys, you got me thinking in different directions. I sometimes seem to get tunnel vision. I particularly like the suggestion of the RTI system. I'm looking into that.

Its awesome, you can mount those RTI wheels inside your safe for storage and other various places in your house. I even have one in my garage next to my toolbox.

Latest posts

Top Bottom