Gun Free Zone Liability

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just an observation....

We complain that anti-gun laws make law abiding gun owners responsible for criminal conduct, and that's unfair...
We complain that lawsuits make gun manufacturers responsible for criminal conduct, and that's unfair...
We complain that some proposed gun storage laws would make theft victims responsible for criminal conduct, and that's unfair...
But we want to hold business owners responsible for criminal conduct, and that's reasonable.

mmmm, okay.:uhwhat:

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah... this is the reason I didn't post "my 2¢" sooner.

Congrats! You win! I'm an idiot! Or at least one of us is. :rolleyes2:

Ha ha!! Well whatever, what are ya trying to say, that just because this is all your opinion- “your two cents,” that no one’s allowed to respond without risk of being ridiculed?? Hmm. Your response really doesn’t surprise me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As they say, “concealed is concealed” and the odds are mighty good that you’ll keep it in your pants.

Exactly. The only time I wouldn’t wanna carry past that sign is unless it’s in a state or town; if there is any city law and no state law, that gives these people weight of the law towards their no guns sign. Some places, not sure which ones but some of those places, you can actually be at risk of losing your permit if you get in trouble for being in a place that has a no gun sign.

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Enjoy it, 'cause yer goin' on my ignore list (immediately).
Fine with me. Wanna act like a child, that’s your prerogative.

FWIW, I neither quoted nor addressed you in my original post. Have a nice day.
:drunk2:
Maybe it’s worth more to you I guess but it doesn’t matter who you quoted or addressed. You make a public post, it’s subject to whoever wishes to respond to it. This is after all, a public forum.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just an observation....

We complain that anti-gun laws make law abiding gun owners responsible for criminal conduct, and that's unfair...
We complain that lawsuits make gun manufacturers responsible for criminal conduct, and that's unfair...
We complain that some proposed gun storage laws would make theft victims responsible for criminal conduct, and that's unfair...
But we want to hold business owners responsible for criminal conduct, and that's reasonable.

mmmm, okay.:uhwhat:
In my opinion an anti gun sign means the store is taking responsibility for everyone's safety inside their store.
Put me on that damn jury. There will never be another one of those signs.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
See, thats the rub. As a law abiding citizen I either have to choose to not go to a business, or leave my firearm in the car and hope nothing happens. And again, several on here are under the assumption that the others are advocating that laws prevent businesses from making decisions on what can and cannot be brought onto their private property. That is not the case. If said business wants me to eschew my firearm to patron their establishment, then they should offer some form of assurance that either security is provided or they will compensate due to any injury or loss I suffer if injured due their no firearm policy.

Again, you don't have a right to go to that movie, or that market, etc. If you aren't being legally forced to be there then it remains fully your choice, regardless of how inconvenient any alternative is for you. If they want to ban guns, and you choose to go there, that is on you.

Just because it makes things harder that you want to do doesn't change the fact that you still have the choice about going to those places or not. But don't put more regulation on them for making a choice that inconveniences you.

You keep saying 'remove my ability' but they aren't doing anything of the sort. You retain the ability to protect yourself by not going in. Just as you retain the ability to CC and ignore their request.

So lets see, either tell my wife no, we can not go to said places which would piss her off, or go and hope nothing happens. Guess its a lose/possibly lose scenario right? If it was up to me, sure I would avoid those places. However, its not just about me. And yes, they are removing my ability to protect myself. As I said, its either go in unarmed or live with my wife constantly pissed at me. Take your guess which one 99% would take.

Its obvious we won't agree on this. As I've said, if it was up to me I wouldn't set foot into a business that has a no firearms policy. But its not just up to me. Not only that, but you failed to discuss what should someone do if they are in a small town and the one store they have available to get something doesn't allow firearms. Kinda puts them in a real bind doesn't it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom