Gun mounting solutions with a lock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you with young kids or even grand kids, what quick access solutions do you use? Not worried about cost as long as it's reliable. Looking for solutions for rifles, shotguns and handguns.... night stands.... wall mounts. I have seen those solo lock shotgun things but it doesn't look like a shotgun with a shell carrier will fit?

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Handguns are easy, a simple biometric small safe for under the bed/nightstand will work. For a rifle or shotgun you might look into hidden storage ideas. Not really locked but hard to get into if you know its there and don't know how to open it. Something like this:

https://store.tacticalwalls.com/1450m-full-length-concealment-mirror-p2.aspx

*edit* Actually, those one are locked with an RFID lock.

Shodown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^Agreed.

Before I moved into my current digs on base I had a wall mount American flag that fits a rifle and multiple pistols. It is secure with child locks and can be opened with a magnet. It will keep kids out, but *if* burglars know what it is they could break into it. Its not something I keep my prized pieces in, but a cheap AR or shotgun and pistols are great for it. It is also very classy yet patriotic wall art.

https://www.roughcountryrusticfurniture.com/concealment-flags--wall-art.html

I also used to keep a small Gun Vault next to the bed that I propped open every night and closed in the morning. It was in a dresser drawer that was too high for kids to reach. Again, a burglar could take off with the safe and bust into it later, but the firearms were safe from kids. To each their own.

*Disclaimer* Before anybody starts the flaming, I am a very active parent in teaching gun safety to my children and reinforce that they are never to touch firearms, however, I still took the above precautions.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the kids are young and small, what I did was unload and put the .357 revolver up and left a 1911 in condition 3 handy. When they got to about 7 or so, I got a lock box even though I'm fairly confident that it was several more years before they could have chambered a round. Heck my daughter still thinks she can't and she's a grown adult. :(

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the kids are young and small, what I did was unload and put the .357 revolver up and left a 1911 in condition 3 handy. When they got to about 7 or so, I got a lock box even though I'm fairly confident that it was several more years before they could have chambered a round. Heck my daughter still thinks she can't and she's a grown adult. :(

That's what I've been doing..... but my older one is 2 1/2 years old and in the 98% percentile in height and he's figuring stuff out fast so I'm getting on the ball now. Even though I know he won't be able to rack a slide any time soon. More and more family and friends are coming over it seems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom