Gun Parts Corp sucks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First let me say I have been in business and understand all the ins and outs of inventory and profit and loss. That said the ins and outs when dealing with a customer should not require the use of lube.

My father had a fairly nice old S&W 19-3 4inch. He watched Tombstone and fell in love with Dog Holiday's revolver with Birds head grip. Instead of trading the Smith my father, being something of a southern engineer, decided to grind down the frame and order some mother of pearl grips for it. It did not work of course but did result in destroying most of the serial number requiring me having to destroy the frame which I cut up and disposed of a few years back. Before I did I stripped it of all the parts I could. I bagged them up, put them in my stuff and forgot about them.

I found them the other day and decided to sell or trade them for some things I want. Offered them to Gun Parts and they came back with an estimate of $50 but it might go down once they see the parts. This is everything from a 19-3 except the frame, barrel assy, and one spring that took off for parts unknown and I never found. They sell the cylinder alone for twice that! No wonder they want you to ship it in then they will send you a check that you can accept or refuse. Most people will just say Oh Well and accept getting screwed.

I have been dealing with them off and on for many years since way before the name change. I think that has come to an end. I will offer the parts to a few other gun parts houses and if I do not get a reasonable offer I will just sell them on ebay.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect any company that buys and sells for a profit to offer fair pricing. They have to pay for their web presence, stocking, salaries of the people that stock and pull the parts, credit card fees, etc. Your best price will likely come from selling the parts on GB to someone that needs them. There are a number of companies on there that sell parts and seem to fetch good prices depending on the items.

I've done a ton of business with Numrich/GPC and have never had an issue. I would never consider trying to sell them something though.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh I know they have to make a profit but the amount they offered vs what they sell them for is just insulting. I will ebay them before I let myself get screwed that bad. I would have even taken an honest value in store credit since I could use some parts for other old firearms like my father's Marlin M80. A 22 mag cylinder for a large frame Hawes would have had me excited too.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Without Numrich arms I would be in a bind. Buy most of my S&W wheel gun parts from them. Courteous and helpful

Yes I have bought a lot of stuff from them too. Especially back when I was messing with butchered milsurp. I am really disappointed in them about this as I never expected them to be this bad. I knew I would not get anywhere near what they are worth but this is ridiculous.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I would have kept any parts I had. Worth more to have them than sell them to a wholesaler

Yes but I need to raise a little cash and do not need these. I will probably sell them on ebay as just the complete cylinder assy is going for $125 up. Let alone rear sight, side plate, all the internals, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom