Gun Parts Corp sucks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you considered listing the parts here for what you feel is a fair price? I wouldn't be surprised if there's a member in your area that has use for them.

Last edited:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you considered listing the parts here for what you feel is a fair price? I wouldn't be surprised if there's a member in your area that has use for them.

I thought about it but did not think there would be any interest. If I am wrong it would not be the first time. So if anyone is interested just like this post and I will list them here before anywhere else.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm amazed at the prices that Gun Parts ask for the parts they have. I have checked several times on what I was interested in and found I could buy a complete gun for the same or less than what they were asking for a cut up one.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm amazed at the prices that Gun Parts ask for the parts they have. I have checked several times on what I was interested in and found I could buy a complete gun for the same or less than what they were asking for a cut up one.

They're certainly not cheap, but they often have parts that are difficult to locate elsewhere. Ebay is usually a better option for more common parts.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just priced out the parts I have if purchased from Gun Parts, over $600! And they only offered me $50. Several of the parts I have are out of stock too. Yes I will be posting them here first and for a hell of a lot cheaper than them. I may need money right now but I am not going to rip off friends, many of whom have helped me out a lot recently.

Man I wish I could go to the range, I need to introduce an over ripe melon of two to some 12ga. Nothing calms the anger more than seeing crap fly everywhere after a solid hit from some buckshot.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just priced out the parts I have if purchased from Gun Parts, over $600! And they only offered me $50. Several of the parts I have are out of stock too. Yes I will be posting them here first and for a hell of a lot cheaper than them. I may need money right now but I am not going to rip off friends, many of whom have helped me out a lot recently.

Man I wish I could go to the range, I need to introduce an over ripe melon of two to some 12ga. Nothing calms the anger more than seeing crap fly everywhere after a solid hit from some buckshot.

I think you need to let it go man. They aren't taking it personal, you shouldn't either, it's business. Same as if you had walked into a pawn shop with a $600 tool, they would have offered you $50 for it. You have to understand, these businesses don't make their money when they sell the items, they make it when they buy the items. Sure, you see prices for those items, doesn't mean someone is waiting in the wings to buy them at those prices, so GPC has to inventory those parts until someone does, that could be days, or years.

Put your stuff on EBAY or Gun Broker, get you some good money out of them, and be like Elsa on this one, "let it go"... :)

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you need to let it go man. They aren't taking it personal, you shouldn't either, it's business. Same as if you had walked into a pawn shop with a $600 tool, they would have offered you $50 for it. You have to understand, these businesses don't make their money when they sell the items, they make it when they buy the items. Sure, you see prices for those items, doesn't mean someone is waiting in the wings to buy them at those prices, so GPC has to inventory those parts until someone does, that could be days, or years.

Put your stuff on EBAY or Gun Broker, get you some good money out of them, and be like Elsa on this one, "let it go"... :)

Sorry but I ran my business for over 20 years without ripping people off and detest the practice. I even turned down being a vendor for the UN because of it. I told them I ran an honest business and did not do kickbacks or bribes.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry but I ran my business for over 20 years without ripping people off and detest the practice. I even turned down being a vendor for the UN because of it. I told them I ran an honest business and did not do kickbacks or bribes.

They didn't rip you off, they made an offer for your parts, you didn't like it. Nothing about what they did was dishonest of underhanded.

It did however rub you wrong, that is your choice to let it affect you.

Regardless you seem to be bad mouthing them, for what is something that lacks any substance. I see no harm no foul in this situation.

Just my .02....

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They didn't rip you off, they made an offer for your parts, you didn't like it. Nothing about what they did was dishonest of underhanded.

It did however rub you wrong, that is your choice to let it affect you.

Regardless you seem to be bad mouthing them, for what is something that lacks any substance. I see no harm no foul in this situation.

Just my .02....

They prefer you send your gun or parts in, then they will send you a check. If you do not agree with the amount you can send the check back and they will return your parts. How many weeks or months does this take?

How many people feel like they have been ripped off but need the money to bad to wait until them can return the check and get their stuff back? How many will believe that is all their stuff is worth because that is what Gun Parts Corp told them? I bet most.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They prefer you send your gun or parts in, then they will send you a check. If you do not agree with the amount you can send the check back and they will return your parts. How many weeks or months does this take?

How many people feel like they have been ripped off but need the money to bad to wait until them can return the check and get their stuff back? How many will believe that is all their stuff is worth because that is what Gun Parts Corp told them? I bet most.

Nothing unusual about sending the parts in before you are paid, they would be silly to do it any other way.

When you make a decision to use them, you understand the process, and the time committed. As you indicated, they tell you up front how it works. With them you have a known buyer, at a known price. When you try go sell these on an auction site you are taking a risk, will the buyer pay, will the item get "lost in shipping", and many other variables. Some people are happy with a bird in the hand...

If someone has something to sell, and they don't make a little effort to determine the worth, that is in no way the fault of the person or business buying the item. If you are desperate for money, it isn't their fault either.

Still missing how they have done ANYTHING wrong here.

Good luck to you selling your parts, I hope it goes smoothly for you.

I have to go make an order with GPC. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom