Gun range report from today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
with no pictures.

Wasn't 65 and sunny in Big Mc today as forecast, but was 60, overcast, and not too windy so went to the range for a bit. Shot the Springfield XD 9mm Mod 2 Subcompact and one of my S&W 64-6 .38 caliber defense guns just to keep them ready should the need arise.

I have owned several Springfield models and have found all of them to be extremely reliable and good shooters. This one has the 13/16 magazines and, while it isn't a pocket carry gun, is a nice combination holster size house/carry gun with plenty of rounds. Shot aluminum Federal ammo without a hiccup. I bought that ammo because WM didn't have Perfecta and this is the same price.

Also shot 50 rounds through the 64-6. It is also a very accurate shooter with no hard recoil, both probably due in part to the weight of the gun. Stainless steel revolver that could double as a club should I run out of ammo.

Only one other pistol board being used, and that was by an older couple (i.e., probably my age!) who were shooting Ruger Mark IV pistols. Both were good shooters and he showed me how easy it was to take down the Mark IV. Favorite part was he hung a couple of orange clay or something targets on the board to shoot. His wife went first and with one of her shots blasted one of the targets and the fragments broke the other one. Kind of like watching Annie Oakley!

Only downside to the day was seeing how damn lazy and what slobs some of the folks shooting out there have become. Paper and trash and old targets just lying around the boards, including an old windshield that looked like it was burned also. Range is locked and members only, so you would think that those who benefit from this resource would be better stewards of the place.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom