Gun ranges and the cost of ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the cost of ammo how busy are the gun ranges?

I went to 2A quite some time ago and it was a fiasco. Super busy, no staff seemed to be watching the shooting bays. Had a couple foreign TU students with their non English speaking dad or uncle wave a loaded pistol at me out of simply not having a clue what they were doing (also had their target pushed to the back wall and were not understanding why the one handed gangsta grip was not getting them even on paper). I helped them out a little bit as soon and my watchful eye was gone they were back to their old ways. Didn’t feel good so I told staff. They didn’t do squat so I left.

since ammo supply is pretty dry. Are the ranges getting better/slower?

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On my last two visits, there were a large percentage of what I assume were new shooters which I think is good for us but they are also kinda "boisterous". I prefer calm, deliberate shooters next to me when I'm there. Also, I'll cuss a little too but endless "F bombs" and "MF"s get really tedious after a while.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the cost of ammo how busy are the gun ranges?

since ammo supply is pretty dry. Are the ranges getting better/slower?
You wouldn't know it the 2 times I went last month.
Either they have huge stashes or are clueless to the shortages.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You wouldn't know it the 2 times I went last month.
Either they have huge stashes or are clueless to the shortages.
Thx. I guess I’ll keep avoiding.

I have some land out north Ive done quite a bit of shooting but in the last couple years there has been a lot of home building and I’m no longer comfortable shooting without a proper berm. Id build one but it would just get taken over by all the crappy people who trespass and hunt without permission

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might try Snake Creek south on HW75 @ HW16 exit. Haven’t been there in a while, but when I was at the range, I was the only one there. It’s less than 30 minutes south of Glenpool.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might try Snake Creek south on HW75 @ HW16 exit. Haven’t been there in a while, but when I was at the range, I was the only one there. It’s less than 30 minutes south of Glenpool.
Thank you, I'm pretty much already in Glenpool so that is fairly close

Latest posts

Top Bottom