Gun registry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those records have never been confidential.

When I was living in California, two campers on a beach were murdered by somebody with a Marlin Camp 45. The local PD went to all the area FFLs and "requested" their 4473s. Every FFL complied. (This was all in the Sacramento Bee.)

The PD then went to every named person on the 4473s with a Camp 45 and "requested" the firearm for ballistics tests. Again, according to the Bee, every person complied. I never heard anything about them catching the shooter, but it was eye opening to me.

If you've ever filled out a 4473, you're already in a "registry." And it's not just the feds who can access it.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

When I was living in California, two campers on a beach were murdered by somebody with a Marlin Camp 45. The local PD went to all the area FFLs and "requested" their 4473s. Every FFL complied. (This was all in the Sacramento Bee.)

The PD then went to every named person on the 4473s with a Camp 45 and "requested" the firearm for ballistics tests. Again, according to the Bee, every person complied. I never heard anything about them catching the shooter, but it was eye opening to me.

If you've ever filled out a 4473, you're already in a "registry." And it's not just the feds who can access it.
Happened here in Oklahoma, too, in a search for a Glock involved in the deaths of two teen girls.

Man charged in deaths of 2 Oklahoma girls left in ditch | CNN

Lineman

5HCattle Co - Josh
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

My ffl was with me going over his last 10yrs of paperwork and our boat flipped. I lost my guns and we had to dry out the papers to make a fire to survive…

Latest posts

Top Bottom