Gun Sales Exceed 1 Million for 35 Straight Months

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These numbers also are based on the number of FBI checks, thus some of those purchase could have been for more than one gun at a time.

Washington Examiner - Gun Buys Exceed 1 Million for 35 Straight Months

"Gun sales in the United States have passed the 1 million mark each month for nearly three straight years, a record being driven by people who seek to arm themselves for protection against criminals, according to new data.

For the 35th straight month, FBI background checks for firearms hit over 1 million, a victory for groups that have been advocating easier access to firearms for adults who can pass the National Instant Criminal Background Check System.

“These figures are a strong reminder of the values and freedoms for which our nation stands, including the right of individuals to keep and bear arms for Americans of all walks of life,” said Mark Oliva of the National Shooting Sports Foundation, a gun industry trade group.""

1657419151516.png

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if the 2020 spike occurred mostly in November and December of that year…
I heard an interview with the owner of a gun shop, and he said they'd started stockpiling guns in 2019 because of 2020 being an election year, then the Rona hit. They had some insanely huge amount (I mean, like integer multiples of their normal annual inventory), and they were all gone by the end of April, so I'm thinking the spike may have been 12 months long...

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone that says there are only 300 or 350 million guns in the US are full of bunk.

Look at the NICS history

427 million since Nov 1998. There were at least 300 million before NICS.

There are over 1 billion guns in civilian hands in the US now.
It would be good if 2A citizens would flood Congress with this data. The pimps and whores (who constitute the sum total of our elected representatives) should be constantly reminded of the above facts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom