Gun Shops in OKC Metro area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if I went before or after the change, but I thought they were horrible. I went in there many times because I lived close, but I never purchased there because they treated non-LEO's like crap.
Agree. At the time, I was a LEO but was still treated like a substandard customer.

I walked in one day with the full intention to buy a new Remington muzzleloader. The salesman was a complete @$$. He showed me the rifle then said, “Well are you going to buy it or not?“ I said, “Yep, but not from you.” Then motioned to another salesman that was always decent to me and told him that I would like for him to complete the sale.

That was the last thing I ever bought from them.

27Man

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sad to hear how Outdoor America ended. Back in the 80s, I bought several guns and reloading components there. At one time, it was known as Fred Baker A&G (Archery & Gun). I lived in Ponca City then and a trip to OKC always included a stop at Freds.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I believe Fred Baker's is where I bought my first new handgun in the mid eighties. I went to look at the new S&W 645 and ended up buying one even though the guy behind the counter was a douche. For some reason he thought it was too much gun for me even though I had been shooting since before I can remember.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last time I went to Outdoor America, I wanted to look at a Benelli nova and supernova for an Ironman 3 gun build. The salesman refused to even let me touch one because they were closing in 30 minutes, so that wasn’t enough time for the paperwork. So I left, and told them up front why. It was prob 2010/11. Not quite sure. Never went back.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not in the okc area but it’s one of my favorites. Gast Guns and Tack in Carnegie, OK. He usually has a descent selection of hunting guns and hand guns as well as a good selection of horse tack. If you decide to make the trip, you can also watch a movie at one of the oldest movie houses still in operation just a few doors down, and get an amazing chili dog.

Latest posts

Top Bottom