Gun Shops in OKC Metro area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
$900 Glocks at Gun World haha

I just looked at their website.

Would you trust your gun to an organization that has this on their website?
gun world website
Gunsmith

Gun world have a full service gunsmith department ranging from the basic cleaning to total refurbishment of all types of firearms. Services Provided: Clean & Oil Metal Finishing Rebluing Nickel Plating Parkerizing Color Case Hardening Sight Work Bore Sighting Drill & Tap for Sights Install Sights Scope MountingGun Repair Oklahoma General Barrel, Action & Rifle Work Shotgun Work Muzzle Loader Work Handgun Work Revolver & Pistol Action Work Stock Work Refinishing Appraisals Part Orders

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When they were still open whenever I needed anything I'd always hit Southwest Shooters first.....I knew the sales clerks pretty well and the skinny gal up front on the cash register almost always had a new dirty joke to tell me. :)

I remember her. She was a weird duck.

Back when Southwest Shooters and Outdoor America competed was the golden time.

Anyone here old enough to remember Mashburn Arms. I went in there when I was very young, but it was way past its glory days.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Big Boys has cool guns but they are FIRM on the price.

The only place Ive had bad service lately was Cabellas. Could find a guy in the gun library to save my life. I just left. I was going to buy something too.

OneShotKill

Marksman
Reaction score
Sooner State closed their SW 59th and Western location in November, but still have their shop on NW 23rd and one in Norman. I have bought from them new guns and have ordered several on line, they charge a flat $10 for receipt and transfer. I have also bought suppressors from them, they are the best deal in town on them. Do not know them personally but trust them enough that I told my wife that if I pass to take my guns there for consignment. Tommy was the guy I dealt with for a decade, good guy.

Also, if you want to order any gun, they will do the Davidson's deal for you which add on the lifetime warranty that come with Davidsons, Gun Genie. They also price match or did for me on a new Ruger for my wife.

Academy is the best price locally for standard items. Henry is one of the smartest gun guys around and prices are pretty good. His place is worth the drive to El Reno. He now has a range also.

Cabela's and Bass Pro are nuts on prices, unless on sale. They did price match a 257 Weatherby for me at the same price as Academy. They have a 5% veterans discount, but not on guns.

If you are looking for hard to find stuff, try Toole Gun Supply, Toole Utah, had several great deal thru them. Buds Gun shop is OK and give the military police discount, about 5%. Same with Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore and Kentucky Gun Club. Had good results with all three.

Gene Sears is OK on price and can order anything because they are wholesale. And they have massive amounts of reloading stuff. My go to place when ammo got short. They also order suppressors for you. FWIY

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never had a bad experience at Gene Sears, I have always been asked by an employee if I needed help finding anything. I normally will drop in there to pick up reloading supplies when I pass through El Reno for work. They have always been nothing but exceptional as far as service is concerned and took me And showed me the warehouse area my first time in the store. I also am one that is not afraid to ask if I need help finding something and prefer to be left to myself to browse.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Short answer AAT in Norman.

Long answer :I have been to the usual bass pro, cabelas, academy, etc. I really liked Sooner State Pawn, especially on the south side when it was open. Top notch service, always friendly, and great to deal with. Sooner Guns & Gold in Norman opened and I frequented that place but was there mostly to buy as prices and selection were decent. When Sooner guns and Gold closed, and the SSP I went to AAT (American Armory & tactical) in Norman. SSP has been the best, however no longer an option as the last remaining store is too far from me. AAT has taken the mantel.

I will admit initially I though AAT was weird the setup, the employees, etc. Things have gotten much better over the years. The issue now like any gun store is lack of selection due to the current scare.

Latest posts

Top Bottom