Gun Shops in OKC Metro area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do you all know about Gunworx on Council and NW Hwy?
Went in once. Not a very friendly guy.

I’ve bought two guns there. I never have had a problem. One I bought in stock, the other I ordered. Think I’ve been there 3-4 times. Not to discount your experience.

Wish we had a store in okc with a large selection and customer service.

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not seen anyone mention that Henrys is closed and now called Range 66. Great place to train for home defense and just all around good people highly recommended to go see John for a training session. Also Gene Sears in El Reno is an awesome place. SSP always good for FFL transfers.
Henry retired.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please give me on sight to area gun shops that are worth visiting.
A few weeks ago I transferred a handgun to my brother in North Carolina and used Sooner State Pawn. They handled the transition perfectly and were super professional.

I also purchased a firearm from Kentucky Gun Company and had it shipped to Sooner State Pawn. Both places were great to deal with. When
I went to pickup the firearm at Sooner State Pawn I took some stuff I no longer needed and traded the items towards a firearm they had. I feel like the treated me fairly on the trade-in values.

So I would recommend Sooner State Pawn and Kentucky Gun Company. Good Service at both places. And no, I don't have any affiliation with either. I simply appreciate good service. That's my two-cents for whatever it's worth.

Rayce

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My best experiences were with George Dobvraloney (sp?) at Bison Shooter's Supply before the incident and a small gunshop east of Yukon on 10th. They met me at the door greeting me. Since I moved I don't even know if they are there anymore.

George took me out back and introduced me to a Thompson with drum. He let me clip dandelions.

:hey3: :fullauto: :mosh::tounge2:

They are still there. Friday and Saturday only.

bambihunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I buy almost all my firearms online, nearly exclusively through GunBroker. Part of this is that I rarely seem to want new, common guns. Most are out of production, unusual configurations, or non-traditional calibers. For instance, I collect Remington 700 Titanium's. They didn't make them very long and are pricey. Most places don't even know what I am talking about. Or, I like short barrel lever guns. I also love the 10mm auto (see other thread in handguns for that). They are getting popular again, but for a while they were hard to find.

Unfortunately, I haven't found any LGS that is a stand-out. I get my guns transferred through D&P Pawn on ~28th N. May. I have gotten hundred(s) of guns transferred through him (DeWain). He is also inexpensive for transfers though I think he recently went up to $20 for everyone else. I have paid for his FFL license every year. LOL I think I am going to go ahead and get my FFL though. I buy and sell enough that I have been perhaps in a gray area even though I don't do it for profit. I just like to try things out.

I like Mustang Gun and Pawn's people. They are a great bunch. But, you aren't going to find a steal there. For guns, they seem to be fair, but higher than elsewhere. Ammo, forget it...

I have used Gene Sears in the past. I am not shy so if I need help, I will chase an employee down if they aren't with another customer. Admittedly, I have had to do that often there than I'd like. We moved further away and I haven't been back there since. I don't know if they have any .400 Hornady XTP projectiles, if so, maybe I should go see them.

What I'd really like to know/find is a good gunsmith. One that can do mods and refinish work, as well as solve issues. I have been to the one in Norman a few times to solve issues. They charged me a lot and never found/fixed anything. They said they couldn't duplicate the issue. I left them 3 boxes of ammo. NONE could fire a single magazine without a malfunction. They said they couldn't duplicate the issue. BS! There was another place down there where I got a slide Cerakote'd and they were great, but I think that is all they did.
I need to do things like custom fit a front site. Ones that are made the right height, are too wide for the dovetail. They'd need to file it to fit, then refinish it. I'd also like some work on one of my Benelli's to set it up better for competition. Some of the other places I've called around only want to talk/do AR's and 1911's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom