Gun show in Kellyville this weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kellyville is 8 miles south of Sapulpa
https://www.mapquest.com/us/oklahoma/kellyville-ok-283421812
Creek_County_Oklahoma_incorporated_and_unincorporated_areas_Kellyville_highlighted.svg.png

Population: 1,150
Kellyville was named for James E. Kelly, who established a local trading post in 1892 and opened a post office on November 27, 1893. St. Louis and Oklahoma City Railroad (later merged into the St. Louis and San Francisco Railway) built a line through Kellyville in 1898.[6]

Oklahoma's worst train disaster took place just west of Kellyville on September 28, 1917, when two Frisco trains collided. Twenty-three people were killed and eighty injured. It remains one of the country's bloodiest train wrecks due to the large number of cattle deaths. In the early 1970s, there were plans to build a ski resort in Kellyville — Oklahoma's first — using artificial snow, but the idea was short-lived due to the region's climate.[7]

Oil and gas were discovered nearby in 1915. This created a population boom and attracted construction of a refinery in Kellyville. By 1930, the population was 548. Although oil and gas production waned, population continued to grow. Now, 97 percent of the employed residents commute to jobs in Sapulpa and Tulsa.[6]

Last edited:

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to one several years ago in Kellyville, and while I live in Sapulpa it will take me longer to drive to Kellyville than it did to cover the entire thing back then. But I'll run over that way, and see if I can find it. I assume it's at the little convention center (or whatever it's called) near the race track?

If I find it, I'll post what's going on.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to one several years ago in Kellyville, and while I live in Sapulpa it will take me longer to drive to Kellyville than it did to cover the entire thing back then. But I'll run over that way, and see if I can find it. I assume it's at the little convention center (or whatever it's called) near the race track?

If I find it, I'll post what's going on.
Creek County Fairgrounds – 17808 W. Hwy 66 – Kellyville, OK 74039

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, Creek County Fairgrounds, about 4 miles west of the Sapulpa golf course on 66. Lots of signs, easy to find.

$10 admission. I spent about 15 minutes there and saw everything.... twice. Probably about 25% rifles, not nearly as many handguns. The only thing I saw that was interesting was someone had a Thompson .45 semi-auto for $1250.

Not worth your time. Certainly not worth $10.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, Creek County Fairgrounds, about 4 miles west of the Sapulpa golf course on 66. Lots of signs, easy to find.

$10 admission. I spent about 15 minutes there and saw everything.... twice. Probably about 25% rifles, not nearly as many handguns. The only thing I saw that was interesting was someone had a Thompson .45 semi-auto for $1250.

Not worth your time. Certainly not worth $10.
Thank you for taking one for the team :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom