Gun show in McAlester this weekend Oct 20 and 21

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I received a postcard in the mail today announcing Oklahoma Gun Shows is having a gun show at the McAlester SE Expo this coming weekend.

upload_2018-10-17_12-34-48.png

I hadn't seen anything about it before today, but had seen mention of Muskogee and Elk City events this weekend.

Attendance wasn't great the last time they had a show here and the lack of advance notice probably won't help. I believe there is also a coin show in another area of the Expo, so maybe they are counting on that to help draw folks.

Any of you vendors heard about this one?

Last edited:

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I received a postcard in the mail today announcing Oklahoma Gun Shows is having a gun show at the McAlester SE Expo this coming weekend.

View attachment 125610

I hadn't seen anything about it before today, but had seen mention of Muskogee and Elk City events this weekend.

Attendance wasn't great the last time they had a show here and the lack of advance notice probably won't help. I believe there is also a coin show in another area of the Expo, so maybe they are counting on that to help draw folks.

Any of you vendors heard about this one?

Well, I would be doing it had I known earlier..........I'm already booked to do the Muskogee show............ I've had good luck at the McAlester show------usually...

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think i will go and set up and sell. Haven't been to one of their shows.

Are you still planning on coming to McAlester? I hate to see gun shows come to my area and not show up even if it is for moral support!

Will you have a banner or sign at your table?

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope the vendors do well, but this McAlester show is the worst of any gun show I have attended. Very few vendors or attendees, probably due in large part to the last minute notice of the show, but also high prices on the stuff I looked at (handguns). There were a few
folks bringing rifles in to sell or trade but didn't see much interest.

Folks coming out were griping about the show and saying they were done with this promoter. Lady running the show said she had issues getting a date set with the building folks and is hopeful that getting one set now will allow for greater notice, vendors, attendance, and public participation in the next show.

Maybe 2019 will be an improvement.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom