Gun Stores We Hardly Ever Mention, Let Alone Patronize

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_1272.JPG
If y'all ever get near Joplin, Missouri check out Steves Trading Post. Very nice selection of used guns and you can walk right up to all the long guns to check em out without having to lean over a counter squinting or waiting for assistance. That's my wife holding a 41mag super heavy barrel someone had built. Anyhow just imagine what you see in the picture times 8-10. I loved that place. I bought a .357 octagon barrel.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 113655 If y'all ever get near Joplin, Missouri check out Steves Trading Post. Very nice selection of used guns and you can walk right up to all the long guns to check em out without having to lean over a counter squinting or waiting for assistance. That's my wife holding a 41mag super heavy barrel someone had built. Anyhow just imagine what you see in the picture times 8-10. I loved that place. I bought a .357 octagon barrel.
Good lord that's a long barrel on that rifle she is holding.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah it was a biggun. I felt like I needed it but couldn't figure out exactly what for.
There isn't enough powder in a .41 mag to continue combustion all the way to the end of that beast. Probably just pooped out the end of the barrel and hit the ground at the shooters feet, and now we know why it was on the used rack. LOL.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Outdoor America always had the best prices but the service sucked, you couldn't get waited on they always acted too busy. Mustang Gun & Pawn always has pretty cool stuff and fair prices and they go out of there way to help. Gene Sears in El Reno does a lot of business and they can get just about anything and there friendly.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
There's a little gun shop in Meno that does full auto,NFA stuff etc. Good guys in there, I usually make a point to stop in on my way to a buddy's farm.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Outdoor America always had the best prices but the service sucked, you couldn't get waited on they always acted too busy. Mustang Gun & Pawn always has pretty cool stuff and fair prices and they go out of there way to help. Gene Sears in El Reno does a lot of business and they can get just about anything and there friendly.

I heard that a lot about OAS but I adored Fred. And Robert Rigsby. And Gabe. And JK. Dammit. I miss that place. :cry3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom