Gun then holster or holster then gun, when carrying...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When putting on a holster do you...

• Gun in holster then put on holster

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Put on holster then gun

Votes: 25 71.4%

• Total voters

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you guys put your gun in your holster then put it on or vice versa? I always put my gun in the holster then put it on, especially when carrying AIWB.

Last edited:

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holster first for me. Don't need the weight of the gun flopping around as I slide the belt though the slots. Get ti situated in the right spot then secure the pistol in it. Just feels better to me that way.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It depends. If I'm carrying IWB or OWB I get the holster situated, and then holster my firearm. If I am pocket carrying my M&P340 or PM40 then I holster the gun and then put the rig in my right front.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It depends--if it's a paddle holster, it's just easier for me to put the holster on the waistband if the pistol is in it. For a shoulder holster, I always found it easier to put the holster on if I didn't have a pistol flopping around in it. I haven't worn a shoulder holster in a long time, so my opinion on that might be different today.

Of course, a goodly percentage of the time, my pocket is my holster, so the pistol naturally goes in after the holster is in place. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom