Gun then holster or holster then gun, when carrying...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When putting on a holster do you...

• Gun in holster then put on holster

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Put on holster then gun

Votes: 25 71.4%

• Total voters

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With a two-attachment point rig, I usually put on my holster first, with my pants still loose, then I carefully insert the pistola, so I can see the trigger guard as it gets covered up. Then I secure my pants and adjust my belt. With a single-point IWB rig, I usually put the pistol in it first then slip it into my already secured pants.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do gun in holster first if CC.
OC at the farm or hunting it's holster first then gun.

With a two-attachment point rig, I usually put on my holster first, with my pants still loose, then I carefully insert the pistola, so I can see the trigger guard as it gets covered up. Then I secure my pants and adjust my belt. With a single-point IWB rig, I usually put the pistol in it first then slip it into my already secured pants.

These are me, more or less.

ParkingLot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
IWB or OWB holster first, then gun. I pocket carry an LCR in a sleeve so I have to put it in the sleeve first. When I practice drawing I have to pull the sleeve out of my pocket to reholster since the sleeve collapses without the gun in it.

RetiredTater

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IWB or OWB holster first, then gun. I pocket carry an LCR in a sleeve so I have to put it in the sleeve first. When I practice drawing I have to pull the sleeve out of my pocket to reholster since the sleeve collapses without the gun in it.
My pocket holster for my bodyguard holds it's shape fortunately. I can draw and holster without it having to come out.

When I get in the work car, holster and pistol go into the space between seat and console and sits well.

If my clothes allow securely carrying IWB, the pistol and holster go in together so I can make sure I hit the sweet spot between wallet and front pocket.

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom