Gun types

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I’ve been on this site for awhile now, done a fair share of buying , selling, and trading. What I find odd is that I no longer own a striker fired gun. I have all da/sa or sao guns. Which is fine, just back doored me. I don’t dislike striker fired guns, have owned a lot. So just a question, anyone else like that? Of course I could always remedy that, who knows.
The main reason I have questioned striker fired is the safety of carrying them concealed. I have steered clear of all sigs; not surprising anyway since I like glocks, but glad I didn't get one when tempted with what we've seen with the P320. However, as I began to gravitate back towards DA or DA/SA or SA, I discovered the Taurus G3C and other G3 line of striker fired guns...the first trigger pull is DA and it also has second strike capability...so the risk is less of an accidental discharge when carrying, some of them have thumb safeties if you choose, and they are still striker fired so the secondary shots are in SA like a traditional striker fired gun. I suggest you take a look at the G3X...if I wasn't a glock fan, that is probably what I'd be carrying.

Last edited:

j99tc88

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The main reason I have questioned striker fired is the safety of carrying them concealed. I have steered clear of all sigs; not surprising anyway since I like glocks, but glad I didn't get one when tempted with what we've seen with the P320. However, as I began to gravitate back towards DA or DA/SA or SA, I discovered the Taurus G3C and other G3 line of striker fired guns...the first trigger pull is DA and it also have second strike capability...so the risk is less of an accidental discharge when carrying, some of them have thumb safeties if you choose, and they are still striker fired so the secondary shots are in SA like a traditional striker fired gun. I suggest you tak a look at the G3X...if I wasn't a glock fan, that is probably what I'd be carrying.
My current carry gun is a cz 75 p 01 omega, with Cajun trigger. And I love it. Da is awesome sa is better. But I will check out the Taurus. Thanks

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The main reason I have questioned striker fired is the safety of carrying them concealed. I have steered clear of all sigs; not surprising anyway since I like glocks, but glad I didn't get one when tempted with what we've seen with the P320. However, as I began to gravitate back towards DA or DA/SA or SA, I discovered the Taurus G3C and other G3 line of striker fired guns...the first trigger pull is DA and it also has second strike capability...so the risk is less of an accidental discharge when carrying, some of them have thumb safeties if you choose, and they are still striker fired so the secondary shots are in SA like a traditional striker fired gun. I suggest you take a look at the G3X...if I wasn't a glock fan, that is probably what I'd be carrying.
I also prefer DA/SA for carry. My EDC for now is a CZ P07, but I'm starting a new job tomorrow that looks like it will necessitate a change in gun and carry position, so I'm looking at microcompact striker fired pistols that I can ankle carry.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also prefer DA/SA for carry. My EDC for now is a CZ P07, but I'm starting a new job tomorrow that looks like it will necessitate a change in gun and carry position, so I'm looking at microcompact striker fired pistols that I can ankle carry.
Nothing can touch the LCP MAX for that in my opinion...hasn't jammed, OEM night sight, 10+1 or 12+1 option, and more concealable than anything but a Derringer.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
For shame.....
You need to correct this deficiency, and quickly.

I thought about that. I have true DA guns in the form of SA/DA, just not DAO.

I’ve owned a couple of DAO revolvers. (642 and SP101) Should have kept them, but hindsight being 20/20 that is what it is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom